thelittlefriend Mon 15-Aug-11 14:37:53

My last 6 cycles have been:
14 days
15 days
13 days
20 days
13 days
21 days

I'm having blood tests on Weds. I've already had an pelvic us to check for fibroids which came back totally normal. It also showed I was about to ovulate (so for that cycle at least I was ovulating). I could have cried when I got my period last night, it's just ridiculous how often I'm bleeding. I used to have the depo injection but my last one was over a year ago.

Is anyone else going through similar? I don't know what the doctors are going to suggest they check next. sad

GenericDietCola Mon 15-Aug-11 15:01:53

Hello little are you sure that each bleed is a period? I used to think I had really short cycles and then realised that every other one was actually coinciding with ovulation (doh). If the problem is a short luteal phase, I've had success with vit B6 for that (post-mc).

Hope it works out soon.

thelittlefriend Mon 15-Aug-11 15:04:54

Hiya Generic You've got a good point, I do sometimes wonder and hope that every other bleed is ovulation. But surely that shouldn't last for several days and be heavy enough to need tampons? It's just really doing my head in today!

LucyRaggyDoll Mon 15-Aug-11 15:23:28

I was like this when I came off the pill. Turned out I had PCOS. Typically you get irregular infrequent periods, byt mine were anything from 12-21 days.

Have now been put on clomid as it was likely I wasn't ovulating.

Have you any PCOS symptoms - extra weight, extra facial hair?

GenericDietCola Mon 15-Aug-11 15:58:29

Ah good point little mine were lighter than that. I just thought of it when you had your dildo cam and you were ovulating (even though you didn't think you were at that point in your cycle). Who knew it could be so complicated eh?

Aloha31 Mon 15-Aug-11 17:00:18

I have a 27 day cycle but on day 15/16 most cycles I would bleed until my true period started. Basically, I thought I just had a period most of the time. I started charting (using this book) and realised that it was an inconvenient 10 day or so pre-period bleed before my true period (because I was charting I saw the temperature difference when I ovulated and also when my real period arrived).

I was being scanned to check for problems - at my last check about 11 months the issue became irrelevant as I'd just had a surprise BFP! Ihadn't been TTC but very happy to have my 2 MO DD now!

thelittlefriend Mon 15-Aug-11 19:04:43

Well that is really good to hear Aloha31! I do think charting would be enlightening but I'm not sure I could do it - is it true you need a interrupted nights sleep for the temperature to be correct?

Lucy, no I've not got any of the other pcos symptoms. I've also had a pelvic us that looked at my ovaries and didn't see any problems, so hopefully that is not the issue, thanks though.

generic, I know, it's shouldn't be this complicated should it confused

Aloha31 Mon 15-Aug-11 19:25:04

Charting is easier than you think, that book is a great investment for any woman anyway, especially if you are ttc or have any woman's health issues...

I just bought a kit from Boots and took my temp as soon as I woke up. You don't even need to write it down straight away if you are still too tired - the digital thermometre records the last temp and I just jotted it on the graph when I woke up properly...a pattern soon emerges and if you mess up the odd day or two it doesn't matter once you get to know your cycle.

Worth a try? Good luck!

thelittlefriend Mon 15-Aug-11 19:58:49

Well I've ordered the book, sounds interesting even if I can't get enough uninterrupted sleep to chart properly! Thanks Aloha31

Aloha31 Tue 16-Aug-11 10:15:42

You are welcome. I think a pattern will emerge, rough but still enough to give you an idea of what is going on!

bebemad Wed 17-Aug-11 10:32:07

Hi thelittlefriend a few possibilities for you, I have a few things which can cause frequent bleeding, i used to have a 14-19 cycle ever since i was 12 shock and its only been figured out in the last year what is causing it.
- Thyroid problems over or under active, get them to check your TSH and anitbodies too very important
- Low progesterone
- PCOS
I have all 3 together sad

thelittlefriend Wed 17-Aug-11 12:56:04

Oh bebemad how rubbish to have all three, are you more likely to have the others if you have one of them IYSWIM, or is that just really bad luck?

I'm off to the docs this afternoon for blood tests, including thyroid and progesterone. I don't have any other symptoms of pcos and have had a pelvic us that came back all clear, so hopefully not that one at least. Thanks for the advice though. Now they know what was causing your short cycles, have they been able to do anything to help you?

bebemad Wed 17-Aug-11 13:44:24

I think that there are links between them all in some way, but i think its my bad luck! I am on thyroxine daily for a year and since being on that i have regular 25-30 day cycle, amazing. Good luck today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now