Talk

Advanced search

Doctors App Tonight... Eeeeekkkkkk (Also TMI pre warning)

(7 Posts)
PinkHighlighter Mon 15-Aug-11 14:11:38

Been viewing for a while but decided to post today. I just can't concentrate on anything else as I am going to see GP tonight for outcome of scan results.

I had a call Thursday morning telling me my results were back and I needed to come in to see the GP now!!! I couldn't get the time off work so tonight was the nearest time I could do. The receptionist wasn't happy but said that would have to do.

As you can tell this has now been playing on my mind over the whole weekend.

I know something is wrong inside but what could be this important?!? Has anyone else had 'urgent' results that couldn't be discussed over the phone? What did you have?

P.S: My 'symptoms': Bloating, Extreme Cramping, Pain During Intercourse, 'Lost' Left Ovary, No AF for 5 months (but she arrived Friday so that has to be a good sign?) AND: TMI warning (what I call) 'bum bleeds'. They happen once a month, just like a period but I have a very painful 4 or 5 days with extreme discomfort when going to the loo and very bad cramps just before and after.

blush

GenericDietCola Mon 15-Aug-11 15:04:06

I don't know what this could be, but I hope it's something that can be treated. Good luck tonight.

Failsafe Mon 15-Aug-11 15:28:24

Hi,

Didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

It sounds a bit like endometriosis to me (i'm not a doctor but have endo), with the cramping, intercourse pain and irregular periods. Does the "bum bleeds" happen around the time of your period.

PinkHighlighter Mon 15-Aug-11 16:00:49

I would guess that they were around the time of when my periods should be?

I never monitored them until they disappeared - if that makes sense! I probably wouldn't have even noticed but I knew I was roughly meant to have one near my birthday and then didn't?

I have googled endometriosis and yes, it sounds like I have all the symptoms!

Thank you!!!

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 15-Aug-11 18:00:37

Pink,

I would have said endometriosis as well (deep pain during sex is highly suggestive of this). Am also not a doc but have endo and I certainly can relate to some of your symptoms. Infact your other symptoms are suggestive of this as well. The scan results may be to do with the "lost" left ovary, endometriosis is not normally picked up on any ultrasounds scan.

You will need to be referred to a gynae for further evaluation; this is not within a GPs remit by any means.

Good luck later on and please do give an update when possible.

PinkHighlighter Mon 15-Aug-11 19:37:54

Thanks everyone. I have PCOS, the endo will be also investigated. My right ovary is 6 times bigger than my last scan and my left is more than likely 'hiding' as it was there at my last scan. I now need to decide whether I want to look into metaformin [heads off to metaformin thread]

Thanks!!

Failsafe Tue 16-Aug-11 11:47:24

Glad they were able to diagnose you pink, good luck with the metformin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now