Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

40 and ttc number 3 (eeeeek!) Anyone else out there?

(11 Posts)
grinningbee Mon 15-Aug-11 12:47:05

So, I have dd 2.4 and ds almost 9 months. I turn 41 in November. We've decided to try for one more as we both feel there is someone missing iykwim. Could be hormones on my part, but I would love another.

Anyway. Time is running out as we have decided if it hasn't happened by this time next year we're happy to stop.

Anyone else out there of a similar age and trying for a third? Am I insane? (best not answer that one grin)

Currently on cd 23 and have pee sticks ready and waiting, and two boxes of cb monitor sticks as well (just in case - I was a girl guide!).

grinningbee Mon 15-Aug-11 16:39:12

Anyone at all?

grinningbee Mon 15-Aug-11 18:26:30

Last go at bumping, and then I'll assume I'm on my own

EsmeWeatherwax Mon 15-Aug-11 18:37:32

Didn't want to leave this unanswered again. I'm 39 and currently pg with dc3, so not much younger than you! If you get pg, be prepared for lots of are you crazy?!? Comments, lol. But I'm really looking forward to no 3! There is s thread on here for 40 plus ttc, you might have more luck posting there!

Catsycat Mon 15-Aug-11 21:15:10

Hi grinning. I'm 38 (and a half) and am ttc #3 as well. I have DD1, 4 next month, DD2 19 mos. Sadly, I mc 7 weeks ago at 10.5 weeks. I am on another thread called something like "lets make some may babies" - you can always come and join us there, as we're a pretty nice bunch, or I am happy to chat on here, if you like!

beaner07 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:07:17

Hi Grinning.

I am currently 41 but already have 3 (all boys 7, 3 and 1 shock) but have told DH I would like to try for another although I think I am bonkers.

What I wanted to say though is I do love having 3, most days are pretty hectic and they can all fight and bicker for England but most of the time they get on pretty well and I would certainly recommend it - the one thing that made me try for a third was someone saying "you don't regret any child that you have, only the one/s you didn't" smile.

If you are both happy then there is no harm in trying wink

Wants3 Sun 28-Aug-11 14:35:00

Hi, I am 38 and trying for #3. I am expecting lots of are you crazy type comments as my other DC's are teenagers!

wallydog Mon 29-Aug-11 09:08:11

Hi everyone I'm 40 and ttc #1 - so the benefit of you exp greatly received? :-)

Colliherts Thu 01-Sep-11 22:37:07

I'm 40 and trying for #3 - there you go !! Never thought I would be trying at 40 plus - Where does the time go !!

kangers Thu 01-Sep-11 22:41:13

good luck wallydog- my advice- huge amounts of really good sex- lucky you.

wallydog Thu 01-Sep-11 23:03:17

Thanks kangers ! [Wink] xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now