Talk

Advanced search

How long to wait?

(12 Posts)
Wants3 Sun 14-Aug-11 13:32:23

hi, I came off the pill a month ago, I have had a withdrawal bleed and was Expecting AF yesterday. I have had a few gripes but nothing yet-is this normal?

1sttimetryer Sun 14-Aug-11 13:46:41

A lot of people have this problem as the pill can stay in your system for a long time, sometimes for as long as a year. I had to wait 42 days for my first AF. good luck smile

TreacleChops Sun 14-Aug-11 13:48:54

my AF's have never gone back to normal after using the depot injection sad and years of difference pills

TryLikingClarity Sun 14-Aug-11 13:53:29

IME, I came off the pill (had been on it for 8 years) in the March, had a period the next month and got pregnant in the June. DS is running about the room now smile

Not saying that it works this way for everyone, but for some the pill doesn't linger in the system for as long as it does with others.

OP - I'd say what you're having is normal, but give yourself a few days or weeks to see how you feel. Go to your GP if you're worried.

Are you ttc at the moment? Do you have other children?

Hope all goes well!

Wants3 Sun 14-Aug-11 15:13:08

Yes I am TTC #3and really want to get going!

Wants3 Sun 14-Aug-11 15:18:40

TryLikingClarity-that is what happened for me with DS#1, I wasn't on the pill for DS#2and fell pregnant quickly. I was hoping things would just work the samesad

TryLikingClarity Sun 14-Aug-11 18:41:53

Well OP, you're in a good position in one way as you have 2 DC already so know what the process is like and what signs to wait around for.

I only have 1 DC (so far) so can't really say much else apart from what I said initially.

What age are you? Would that have something to do with it?

But anyway, it is still early days! Wait and see!!! Have a decaf brew

Wants3 Sun 14-Aug-11 21:00:28

Thanks everyone,I will try and chill for the next few days. It has been a while since Ds 1 and Ds2 so can't remember exactly what my body should do!smile

sprinkles77 Sun 14-Aug-11 21:16:19

i got pg the first cycle I came off the pill. I had been on it for around 10 years. I couple of my friends did the same.

trilottie Mon 15-Aug-11 11:38:20

My AF arrived yesterday after a 69 day first cycle after stopping the pill! Think it was because I had booked an appointment to see the Dr tomorrow about it, that always helps :-)
Apparently it can take up to 18months. Hopefully not that long for you but I'd suggest seeing someone if it doesn't come back after a month or 2.

Wants3 Tue 16-Aug-11 10:00:52

Just to let you know AF arrived this morning so my body DOES know what it is doing! Now where do I find that thread that has all the stats for the TTC ladies?!

Sn0wGoose Tue 16-Aug-11 10:07:24

I was on cerazette - the one that stops your periods - for about 6 years. Came off it once in the middle and it took 4 months to get AF; this time I came off it and had AF after 35 days. My cycles got progressively shorter each month til they came to 28 days. Still not upduffed though ha ha

grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now