Talk

Advanced search

have you had one or more miscarriages? read this!!!

(3 Posts)
no1childminder Sun 14-Aug-11 12:58:00

Hi, I had a missed miscarriage back in April this year. I told my acupuncturist that Im trying again and she alerted me that theres a high chance I could miscarry again, as I have a cold uterus!! I always have cold feet and hands and my heartbeat is, apparently, not as strong as other peoples. This, she said, all contributed to my miscarriage. The coldness is a sign of bad circulation, and the uterus needs a strong supply of blood so the embryo attaches strongly. If you think this is you I urge you to Google 'cold uterus'. There are suggestions on how to warm up your uterus i.e always keep your hands and feet warm, have hot baths, acupuncture for heat treatment, drink/eat hot things, exercise to get the blood pumping, ginger and mugwort apparently help too. It is especially important to do this in your 2ww. Please let me know what you think of this, and/or whether you think this applies to you. She also said this is more than likely to be the cause of women who have had multiple miscarriages.

LilBB Sun 14-Aug-11 13:07:51

If this was a true medical problem wouldn't doctors advise people of this? I've had multiple miscarriages and I have very good circulation. My hands and feet are never cold. I exercise regularly, have baths that would scald people, drink hog drinks. People often find a need to put a reason to something tragic. I've had people say maybe you can't carry boys (I have a dd), maybe it was too soon, maybe it was stress. Although maybe it was just one of those things.

Sorry for your loss and If it works for you then good luck.

no1childminder Sun 14-Aug-11 13:18:15

Sorry it wasnt meant to sound like EVERYONE who has had a miscarriage that this is the cause. Im saying if you always have cold hands and feet this COULD be the reason. If you dont then it doesnt apply to you. There are obviously other reasons people have miscarriages. This may be just one of the reasons IF you tend to have cold hands and feet all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now