Talk

Advanced search

oh bugger, i've been a bit silly.

(10 Posts)
MotherPanda Sat 13-Aug-11 14:33:41

sorry if this is a bit insensitive on here as i'm trying not to conceive - but thought you ladies would be in the know.

I had sex with DH just under two weeks after giving birth blush but didn't use any contraception... as stupidly i thought you had a 21 day window after giving birth where you cant get pregnant.

Now I am of course doubting myself - and cant find anything about this 21 day thing. did i dream it?

so - could i have conceived, if i am still bleeding (and sometimes cramping) from birth and breastfeeding?

at least someone tell me the chance is very very small.... how early can you do a test these days?

will be using three condoms at a time from now on...

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 13-Aug-11 14:36:14

I think you could have conceived, but it's unlikely. There's one way to tell for sure.

MotherPanda Sat 13-Aug-11 14:40:35

i like words like unlikely! Will have a google and see how early you can test these days.

silly silly me.

Imnotaslimjim Sat 13-Aug-11 14:43:47

Yes there is a possibility - though it is small

I think what you've read about 21 days is about the pill

scroll down to mini pill

That means you can start the pill 21 days after birth, but not that you don't need other cover before then

Do a test, its the only way to know for sure

SaulGood Sat 13-Aug-11 14:44:10

How long since you had sex. If it's been a fortnight you will get a pretty reliable answer now. You can test earlier than this but then if it's negative, you still could be pregnant just testing a wee bit early.

It's highly, highly unlikely you're pregnant.

MotherPanda Sat 13-Aug-11 14:47:24

It's highly, highly unlikely you're pregnant. even better!

its only been a few days, so will have to just wait and see.. annoying that i can't wait to see if i miss a period like before.

ah, the pill thing makes sense. thank you

bugsylugs Sun 14-Aug-11 06:53:04

How often are you breast feeding?, if total and through the night is deemed a contraceptive so agree with saulgood

foxinsocks Sun 14-Aug-11 07:22:11

If it's less than 72 hours, I think you can still do something about it. Perhaps call a family planning clinic.

It doesn't matter how unlikely it is. If there is still a chance, then you need to think about it seriously.

Ilovekittyelise Mon 15-Aug-11 08:17:02

Remember that a pregnancy test will still show up positive from your recent pregnancy as it takes a while for the pregnancy hormones to drop back to zero (mine were still positive 3 weeks after a 13 week loss and i definitely wasnt pregnanct at that point). and whilst you still have pregnancy hormones floating about its very unlikely that ovulation has resumed.

one question though: sex two weeks after you gave birth?!?!?!?!

MeconiumHappens Wed 17-Aug-11 23:21:10

Most women will ge first period 6 weeks aftr baby born at earliest, which would mean ovulating about a month after birth, so cant see how you would be pregnant. BUT, use a condom next time crazy lady!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now