Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

baby 'bucket' list

(11 Posts)
havealittlefaithbaby Thu 11-Aug-11 18:25:21

While I'm waiting for things to change so we might be successful ttc, I want us to do all the things we won't be able to when I'm upduffed/have kids. So far we are planning a Sandals holiday somewhere hot in the spring. Any other ideas?

NervousNelly Thu 11-Aug-11 18:40:34

Learn to scuba dive, go bungy jumping, skydiving - basically anything remotely dangerous or incompatible with pregnancy. Which of course includes drinking, so go wine tasting?

To be honest I could reel of such a long list of fun things to do when not pregnant/ a parent, that I'd probably go right off the idea of TTC wink

MichaelaS Thu 11-Aug-11 18:46:56

too late for me (DS is 2) but how about
- sleep a whole night undisturbed in your own bed
- be able to get up and out of the house in 30 minutes
- impromptu meetings with people for coffee / wine without having to find a babysitter or ask your partner if its ok for them to stay in and watch the baby.

On the other hand, i've never laughed so much since having a small cute child, it's brilliant. No adult finds the word "tomato" so hilarious they can't breathe for laughing!

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 11-Aug-11 19:01:40

We did skinny dip last time we went abroad! Yes we do relish our lie ins.
Love the idea of wine tasting will look into that. Maybe we can combine the next holiday with a location where we can bungee jump there?

CleanSheetsAndSmoothLegs Thu 11-Aug-11 19:11:02

Ooh, good thread, faithbaby.

Skiing?

DP has suggested drinking a bottle of champagne each and playing all your favourite records till the early hours (I might add that that doesn't really appeal to me and my fondness for early nights, and concern about disturbing neighbours, but am just mentioning it for the record in case it would work for you).

Sn0wGoose Thu 11-Aug-11 19:13:54

Drinking! Which is something I won't be able to do for 9 months while upduffed, and I do so love a glass of vino and a film grin)

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Thu 11-Aug-11 19:15:56

Take two weeks off work and don't book anything until first thing Saturday morning when you go to the travel agent for the next holiday leaving. Allocation on arrival.

Never again we will get to do something so spontaneous and cheap

Figaro82 Thu 11-Aug-11 19:16:26

Go to a nightclub and get back at 4.00am, then stay in bed all day!!!

Vegas is on our list and we are going to do it!!! Sod putting our life on hold when nature isn't working in our favour!!

thelittlefriend Thu 11-Aug-11 20:21:08

when you're on your holiday have, get drunk with a long lazy lunch then sleep it off with a long afternoon nap. Everyday grin

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 13-Aug-11 09:11:54

I've decided I'm going to do a sky dive for charity. My Mum died of ovarian cancer and I'm determined to raise awareness and money to try to stop it happening to others. Something I definitely can't do when upduffed and won't want to do when I have a wee baby. Excellent plan, thanks ladies!

GenericDietCola Sat 13-Aug-11 09:15:00

Good for you Have great ideas here! Sorry to hear about your mum but I think a sky dive is a great idea to raise money - well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now