Talk

Advanced search

What is the ideal frequency to DTD when TTC?

(6 Posts)
HeidiHole Tue 09-Aug-11 22:38:36

Is it every day, every second day, or every third day?

And how long before suspected ovulation and how long after?

Is it important to do it on the actual day (supposing you know when that is)

This is so complicated it's a wonder the human race hasn't died out! ;)

SaulGood Tue 09-Aug-11 22:40:57

Every other day's good but every third day's perfectly adequate in a normal fertile couple. Generally about 5 days before ovulation is a good time to be thinking about it and the egg then deteriorates pretty rapidly (within hours) after ovulation so probably a day afterwards.

But sex every couple of days throughout your cycle and enjoying the process is best. It's quite a pleasant way to procreate.

eurochick Tue 09-Aug-11 22:46:11

Every day should be fine as long as there are no sperm count issues. I think the NHS recommends every 2-3 days. Personally I try to do every day/every other day pre ov and for a day or two after and then whenever we feel like it during the 2ww.

HeidiHole Tue 09-Aug-11 22:49:27

woohoo! sounds pleasant smile was nervous cos DH is trotting off for a weekend with the boys when I think i'll be ovulating. So we'll get some action in before and cross our fingers. thanks!

LIG1979 Wed 10-Aug-11 16:21:24

It is more important pre-O rather than post-O as the little guys can live up there for a while (3-5 days depending on where you read it) but the egg dies pretty quickly after it is released. Good luck.

HeidiHole Wed 10-Aug-11 20:03:59

Ok thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now