Talk

Advanced search

IVF if I don't ovulate??

(5 Posts)
pinkapples Tue 09-Aug-11 20:43:03

Hi everyone, another bit of info needed ... Sorry just can't get babies and ttc out of my head at the mo! Just been searchin the web for info on what happens if am still not ovulating (after Clomid and lap drilling) was looking at injections and then ivf if all else fails but if I don't ovulate therefore have no egg then would they still be able to do ivf?? Any ideas?

CleanSheetsAndSmoothLegs Tue 09-Aug-11 21:01:36

Not talking from experience, but I think they retrieve the eggs direct from the ovaries.

BagofHolly Tue 09-Aug-11 21:08:34

Depends on the reasons you're not ovulating. In theory though, the ovaries are heavily stimulated during ivf and then the eggs are harvested under anesthetic. Any decent clinic should be able to look at your personal results and give you a good indication whether ivf is likely to work. Pick one based on results, they're all in the hfea website. Good luck!

pinkapples Tue 09-Aug-11 21:17:26

I have pcos and am currently in cycle 6 of Clomid but first after lap ovarian drilling hmmm... Hopefully I'll ovulate thanks to the lap and all will be restored x

eurochick Tue 09-Aug-11 23:23:16

They artificially stimulate the ovaries and harvest the eggs for IVF so it shouldn't be a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now