Talk

Advanced search

Partner wants to wait a year to ttc 4 but I don't!

(6 Posts)
FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Mon 08-Aug-11 23:06:02

Okay,

I finally have convinced DH that number 4 would be a good idea. Slaps own back.

But, he would like to wait a year.
I know that I'm blessed to have 3 wonderful dc but wondered if anybody else was in the same position

NLurkerispackingforholiday Mon 08-Aug-11 23:08:41

What are the ages of your dc and why does he want to wait?

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Mon 08-Aug-11 23:29:41

6,4 and 19 months. Doesn't feel ready. I agree but have age issues against me. 37 this month. I'm not uber obsessed about number 4, but don't feel like my family is complete. Also have 2 very close together, second about to start school, ideally would like smaller age gap between youngest 2 than waiting a year would give. Mmmmmmm think it's the age thing that scares me

NLurkerispackingforholiday Mon 08-Aug-11 23:48:11

Well what about proposing 6 months then? Baby would be due November 2011 if you fell straight away. 38 is hardly ancient but I can see you don't want to leave it too long.

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Mon 08-Aug-11 23:59:31

Funny you should say that as writing this post had pricked my conscience and have just had chat with DH.

Yes, 38 is still young really in terms of conception but still worries me if I can't. As time wouldn't then be on my side.

I'm a natural worrier ( although I call it covering all obstacles ). I think he would be open to 6 months and I can see that on the horizon more than easily than a full year.

Thank you for your reply. Your thoughts are appreciated. I don't want to become obsessed with number 4 and loose sight of what I have.

Will put my feet up for a while longer and enjoy the beauties I have for the time being. Keeping thoughts of number 4 only slightly in my mind.

Thank you

NLurkerispackingforholiday Tue 09-Aug-11 07:59:41

Good I'm glad you feel like that smile I do know what it's like to wait - we decided to go for number 3 a year before we did. You just want to be pregnant NOW please grin
I have three years between dd1 and dd2 and it's a lovely gap. They get on really well. There are 6 years between dd2 and dd3 which has also worked really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now