Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage and TTC again

(4 Posts)
stephanie1984 Mon 08-Aug-11 02:26:13

Hello. I had a missed miscarriage in April. I had a D & C procedure and found out there was nothing wrong with the baby. My doctor performed tests and she discovered that I have a blood clotting gene, which ultimately deprived the fetus of nourishment. Since then I have been trying to get pregnant again. My first pregnancy, I concieved in the first month of trying. Now, even though I test for ovulation and have intercourse almost every day I have not been able to get pregnant again. The ovulation strips say I'm ovulating, but I dont know what to think. Should I get on Clomid, or has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

kat2504 Mon 08-Aug-11 08:00:58

Just keep trying. It's only been 3 months. In any given month you have a maxim um 25% chance even if your timing is spot on. So if you conceive first try you are very lucky. The average time is six months. If you are ovulating Clomid won't be necessary and I don't think you'd get prescribed it just like that. Was it your first miscarriage? I'm amazed you got all those tests done straight away!
Give it another few months with the ovulation tests and then see your doctor if you still have concerns. I'm afraid ttc can sometimes take a long time and anything up to a year is considered perfectly normal. Good luck, hope it happens soon!

Missgiraffe1 Mon 08-Aug-11 18:27:14

Hi Stephanie and sorry to hear of your MMC. I had a MC and had an ERPC on 16th May. I'm don't know a huge amount about clomid to be honest, but I thought it was for stimulating ovulation. If you are getting positive on your Ovulation sticks, then you probably are ovulating so I'm not sure that you would need clomid. Did they conclude that this blood clotting gene was responsible reason for your MC? If so, did they say if there was anything they can do about it?

I'm not a doctor so obviously can't give you any medical advice, but I am on the thread "Just MC and ready to TTC Pack your leather, black nail polish..." so can offer a bit of support and PMA along the way. There is a wealth of experience on the thread, you should join us. I was very disappointed when evil AF arrived this month - we all are - but the ladies on the thread help you pick yourself back up again and go for gold the next month (and a few are pg already, so it does happen!)

Good luck to you and maybe see you over there x

stephanie1984 Mon 08-Aug-11 19:35:09

Thank you for your help. This was my first miscarriage and it broke me. I had had an abortion when I was younger, and even though I know God would not punish me, I get afraid He is. I absolutely love my doctor. She ordered several different blood tests to check for autoimmune disorders, and she performed ultrasounds to check my ovaries and uterus. I am so glad she did all this because I probably would have had another miscarriage because of mmy blood clotting gene. Now, I take two baby aspirin, and continue taking it when I become pregnant as well as giving myself a Heparin shot everyday. I think more people who have had a miscarriage, even one, should get tested to see if they have a competent cervix, if they have any autoimmune disorders, and if their uterus is baby friendly. Of course there's no guarantee that you won't have another miscarriage but it definitely doesn't hurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now