Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Regular mid cycle bleeding and pain

(9 Posts)
bessiebeth Mon 08-Aug-11 00:53:12

Every month seven days before AF is due (day 21 of 28 - sorry not sure of correct acronymns) I get two-three days of spotting and period type abdominal pains.

We've been ttc for almost 6 months without success, using an ovulation predictor (I'm 35), and wondered if the two were connected?

Any ideas?

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 08-Aug-11 06:20:28

I'd say you should go to your GP. It's been six months and you're over 35. This bleeding sounds unusual, may not be anything but you need to get checked out. Good luck.

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 08-Aug-11 06:20:39

I'd say you should go to your GP. It's been six months and you're over 35. This bleeding sounds unusual, may not be anything but you need to get checked out. Good luck smile

bessiebeth Mon 08-Aug-11 09:46:53

I wondered if it sounded like endometriosis? I do have other children, but seem to have had trouble conceiving this time.

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 09-Aug-11 06:21:35

It could be. The only way to confirm would be through testing. Depends on your NHS trust as to how much you'll get if you already have kids but your GP should at least do basic bloods for you.

bessiebeth Tue 09-Aug-11 11:06:18

I knew treatments like IVF would have to be self funded. But am surprised they might not investigate infertility, and cause of pain (I have abdomen pain for two weeks out of four, almost, worse at time of AF) if I already have children, beyond blood tests? That doesn't even diagnose endometriosis, I think. sad

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 09-Aug-11 13:20:50

You're right. I agree you should get ultrasound etc. I think lots of trusts would but I know some people havr found it tough to get help when they already have children (not to be harbinger of doom!). Best plan would be to go to your GP and ask for a gynae referral to get the the bottom of it all.

bessiebeth Tue 09-Aug-11 15:33:51

Yes, I will. I have been putting it off, going to the GP that is.

Thank you again for replying.

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 09-Aug-11 16:26:57

That way at least you'll be clear about what you're entitled to as well. Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now