Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone Help work this out?

(9 Posts)
shellmc Sun 07-Aug-11 10:20:21

I posted the other day but not had any replys yet.

I have very irregular priods and went months without having any, then started bleeding neraly every other day, just a little at a time.
After months of this happening i spoke to my GP and they suggested coming off the pill to have some bloods taken.
Going back to March i stopped the pill and had bloods taken 6 weeks later, it took 7 weeks for me to have a first proper period after stopping the pill.

Some bloods have came bk abnormal high LH and i am already being treated for Underactive thyroid. I am waiting to see an endocrinologist end of sept.

Anyhow, me and DH hadve been having regular sex and withdrawing grin i know it isnt 100% safe.
As i dont know when my next period is due (irregular periods). I am confused as if i had a normal 28 day cycle my period should have arrived last weekend, i am now on day 36 and no period, however last saturday when i thought AF would have shown up i had a tiny bit of blood on my panties but then nothing afterwards. Then on thursday when i went to the toilet when i wiped there was another dotty pattern of blood on the tissue, it was red in colour, and then again nothing at all since. confused I have had cramps, and a dull ache in bottom of my back all week.
What i am wondering is, could this be implantation?? And if soo why is it occuring after my period should have been due.......well i suppose i dont know when my next one should be. Is it common to have to spots of bleeding 5 days apart also.

Please someone help. x Ohhh i done a pregnancy test on monday and was Negative.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 07-Aug-11 10:31:06

It could be implantation. If it was and it was on Saturday, by Monday it may be there still wasn't enough hcg in your wee to show a positive. I think it'd be wise to test again with a sensitive test.
What's your plan with the withdrawal method? Is it like 'we're not really trying but it'd be ok if I did get pregnant?'.

shellmc Sun 07-Aug-11 10:31:34

Plus could it have happend altho some of my hormone levels are out and i feel like utter shit!!

shellmc Sun 07-Aug-11 11:02:35

Thanks havealittlefaithbaby how long after implantation does it normally take to get a positive pregnancy test? Would it have been normal to have another tiny bleed on thursday too.
About the withdrawl, me and DH would like another DC but we were waiting for me to get sorted out, to find out whats happening. But if it happened we would be really happy, i guess with everything that has been going on i guess im kind of scared of not being able to concieve another DC.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 07-Aug-11 11:13:59

I wasn't sure so I looked online am not medically endorsed and it said 3-4 days for blood test, another 3-4 days after that so I guess a week. Therefore from your op I reckon a test today would be accurate. It's common to have some spotting when pg when af would be due. However it could just be your body playing silly games with you.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 07-Aug-11 11:17:01

In a gentle, strokey way, I think if you're struggling with everything getting your body sorted and you're not sure about getting upduffed it might be wise to use contraception short term smile

shellmc Sun 07-Aug-11 11:23:07

Thanks again havealittlefaithbaby okay well iv got a busy day ahead today DS at a party and lots to do so preob will be tomorrow before i can get a test. Maybe wait till wednesday and see if AF shows up that will take me to day 38.
Still got cramps now, but into my back which i didnt experience with DS. I didnt get implantation with Ds either so not sure whats happening.
Yeh i also think it could be my body playing games again!!!

LIG1979 Sun 07-Aug-11 13:11:07

Hello Shellmc,
When I got pregnant - I got implantation bleeding on the Sunday/Monday and then a very very faint line on the Wednesday morning.

For the irregular cycles it is when you ovulate that counts. If you ovulate late then you will test positive at the earliest 10/11 days after that.

Good luck!

shellmc Sun 07-Aug-11 15:07:58

Hi LIG1979,
Thanks very much for your reply.
As you experienced implantation bleeding, what was it like if you dont mind me asking- ? Everyway i have read and heard from others, they say its more browny, mine wasnt. Did you just get it once or over a few days?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now