Talk

Advanced search

cycle gone mad - veers between 24 and 33 days

(6 Posts)
IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Fri 05-Aug-11 22:21:08

anyone been the same and gotten pregnant? Am freaking out a bit. sad

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 06-Aug-11 08:26:45

Are you able to tell when you're ovulating? Could it ne that that varies a lot but luteal phase doesn't? That would give rise to irregular cycles.

kat2504 Sat 06-Aug-11 08:42:29

That does vary a fair bit, but 24 and 33 day cycles are still within the "normal" range so I wouldn't worry too much. Try to determine when you are ovulating. I don't think it becomes a worry about irregularity unless your cycles are often over 35 days.

1sttimetryer Sun 07-Aug-11 15:43:36

My cycles vary a lot(shortest being 42 longest being 62 and counting!) and it was possible that i wasnt ovulating, so i thought before i have my tests in sept i would try and find out if im ovulating or not, so i started taking my temperature every morning and recording it on fertility friend, eventually it showed that i ovulated on day 57, so it might be worth taking your temperature. If you are ovulating you can get pregnant. Good luck smile

LIG1979 Sun 07-Aug-11 17:50:59

I think the only difficulty if you have irregular cycles is knowing when your fertile window is. The temperature rise will tell you when/if you have ovulated (2 days after the event) and so you need to use OPK sticks and monitor your cervical mucus etc. to try and predict when it will happen. Having said that I got pregnant last time without all this, by just having regular sex and testing each week to see if I was pregnant. (Got a positive result about 10 weeks after my last period.) Good luck x

Wrigglebum Fri 19-Aug-11 21:23:39

Have been completely irregular ever since my periods started and anywhere between 28 and 45 days is normal for me. Sometimes show sign of ovulation, usually don't. Doctor a few years ago told me I might have problems getting pregnant so to get help sooner rather than later if any problems ttc.

However, conceived DS first month of trying with no ov signs that month and thought we'd left it too late in the cycle to get pregnant. Currently ttc #2 and missed last month as extra long cycle so gave up swi too early (holiday threw it off I think). CD22 now and no idea if I've ov or not, no obvious signs but we'll just keep at it grin

My mum and sister also have irregular periods and have been able to get pregnant quickly so don't believe they always cause problems. As LIG1979 said just makes timing sex harder but just get at it every 2-3 days from after AF until the next one.

I'm too lazy to faff about charting, as that only tells you when you have ovulated which is too late to start swi and what's the point of learning about your cycle if it's all over the shop anyhow? Of course I'll be changing my tune if we're trying too much longer, I'm sure there's an app for that grin

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now