Talk

Advanced search

Tracking scans and progesterone tests......help!!

(5 Posts)
razzdazz Fri 05-Aug-11 12:23:01

Hi everyone, I have pcos and underwent tracking scans of a natural cycle this month. I usually have a 35 day cycle so we began tracking on cd14. This showed a poor womb lining and nothing happening in either ovary. Repeat scan on cd16, lining slightly thicker but not what would be expected close to ovulation. Not much action in ovaries though left side not clear. Another scan on cd19. This scan was not as clear veiw though again not great lining, no follicles or burst ones seen. I have just had a day 21 progesterone done (last month day 21 was <4, day 28 was 35) and the result is 46!!! Not sure what is going on and the infertility nurse is now on leave. Does that mean that I have ovulated or could it be that my peak may be even higher as I am due to have day 22 and 23 bloods?? Realise sadly that if ovulation occured then and conception has taken place the chances of yet another chemical pregnancy are high due to my poor lining.
Any ideas anybody????

razzdazz Fri 05-Aug-11 14:00:05

Anyone????

razzdazz Fri 05-Aug-11 17:47:43

Bumping again incase anyone in the know is about now

razzdazz Fri 05-Aug-11 21:10:12

Still nobody about??????

joycep Fri 05-Aug-11 21:41:56

Hi Razz , didn't want your post to go unanswered , although I am not sure that I can offer much. Your progesterone result does suggest that you have ovulated as anything above 3o is considered normal on the day21 test. However obvioulsy your scan showed a different story and I would thought an egg/follicle would have been seen if you were about to ovulate. Am I right in thinking that people with pcos can have very high day 21 results?. So I wonder whether that is why your progesterone levels are high when an egg wasn't seen?? I can see why it is confusing but I hope a doctor can shed some light on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now