Talk

Advanced search

Positive OPK and ovulation 'confirmed' on ultrasound - but no temp rise yet??

(6 Posts)
MrsHY1 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:11:39

Hi all
Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience...
I am on round 2 of 100mg of Clomid. Naturally, I ovulate really late (cd25 but can be as late as cd35!) but get a + OPK, followed 48 hrs by a temp shift upwards. I also get EWCM for 4 days before the temp shift.
Round 1 of Clomid at 100mg I got a + OPK on cd17 then spotted the temp shift on cd19. Also had the EWCM.
This cycle, I got a +OPK on cd12. No EWCM until cd13 and still getting it now. The reason I'm so confused is that I went to have an ultrasound yesterday morning (cd14) and was told by the doctor (a very good, private one) that I had ovulated. But today, I'm still getting EWCM and have still not had a temp shift. Have continued to repeat OPKs every day and have not had a positive since Monday.
My question is - could the temp staying down just be an indicator that I'm a 'slow riser' on this occasion? But why would that happen just this cycle if that's not the way my body normally responds to progesterone?
(PS - I dunked my thermometer in a glass of ribena to check it wasn't broken!)
Any thoughts really really welcome. x

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 07-Aug-11 10:45:28

Are you able to take the temp at the same time? Other factors that could affect your temp? You're welcome to join us on the Charters Anonymous thread.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 07-Aug-11 10:58:30

Temping isn't always accurate, I would be inclined to think that I had ovulated, esp if the scan said so. And clomid affects your cmn consistency

OracleInaCoracle Sun 07-Aug-11 10:58:31

Temping isn't always accurate, I would be inclined to think that I had ovulated, esp if the scan said so. And clomid affects your cmn consistency

MrsHY1 Mon 08-Aug-11 18:28:40

Thanks ladies.
Still totally stumped to tell you the truth - got a second positive OPK 5 days after the first (cd17) with EWCM every day before that. But still no temp rise this morning on cd19. What gives?
Thanks for the invite to the Charters Anonymous thread "havealittlefaithbaby* - I'll check it out.
x

MrsHY1 Wed 10-Aug-11 12:08:01

Hello
Update - temp rise on cd20, sustained today! So I did ovulate between cd17 and 20, and not before that.
So much for my expensive, Harley St ultrasound!
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now