Talk

Advanced search

clomid and norethisterone advice please

(8 Posts)
Yacka Thu 04-Aug-11 09:24:15

hi all, been lurking for a while but now need some helpful advice.....

breif history ttc#2 for 1yr dd 20months old. developed secondary infertilily and now diagnosed pcos....only with high testosterone and crazy cycles, no cyst tho. had lots of tests....all bloods and even diagnostic lap and hysteroscopy before they FINALLY decided on pcos

now after all the hoop jumping been finally given clomid and norethisterone, and been advised if no period in next 4 weeks start norethis to induce a period and then on day 2-6 take clomid.
so far i understand all this but was wondering from anyones experience is it worth waitin, as for the past few month my cycle has been consisting of almost constant brown gunk...(sorry tmi) so period never seems to start or stop!?!?
also wondering best time of day to take, wen best to swi??? wat side effects???? and any other helpful advice please smile

Yacka Thu 04-Aug-11 10:37:42

Any one? smile

Yacka Thu 04-Aug-11 14:09:44

......???

Gardenpixie Thu 04-Aug-11 22:33:08

Hi I have only taken clomid and I was told that the best time to take it was the morning. I didn't have that many side effects but I know ladies who have had trouble with it have tried taking it in the evening instead which can sometimes reduce some of the side effects.

I can't really help with the Norethiserone as I don't know much about it ... I guess it depends how keen you are to get cracking!

Good luck, fingers crossed for a BFP for you soon smile

Yacka Fri 05-Aug-11 08:53:26

Thank u for the reply. Was thinking no one was out there smile think I'm going to try and wait a week to see Wat happens naturally but I'm desperate to get on with it....smile
Fingers crossed for ur bfp also xxx smile

Aworryingtrend Fri 05-Aug-11 09:17:59

I have taken Norethisterone before and it was fine, no side effects or anything. It brought on a 'proper' period when I hadn't had one for 5 months after coming off the pill.

I guess the dr is saying wait 4 weeks to be on the safe side, as if it is less than 4 weeks since you had a period, i dont think the Norethisterone would work, if that makes sense?

BlingLoving Fri 05-Aug-11 09:26:18

I am not sure whyyou want to take the drugs early, against advice. I had to take something to bring on my period before clomid but I took it when told to by doctor. I imagine they want you to wait four weeks, do a preg test, then start period- ie lo g enough gap to be sure you did not naturally ovulate this month.

If your body is properly prepared, I think the clomid will work better do try to hold out. The period will probably be bigger, and easier to assess for taking the clomid.

I had no side effects on clomid. And had a period the first month then got pregnant the second. DS is 10 weeks now! grin

Yacka Fri 05-Aug-11 10:00:01

Thank u all for the good advice. I now see why I shud wait guess now I've finally got answers I just felt eager to get on with it blush it does make sense to check I've not naturally ovulated as don't want to waste the clomid cause I've been too impatient smile
Congrats bling smile its good to hear sucess xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now