Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue monitor question.

(10 Posts)
Kayzr Thu 04-Aug-11 07:45:28

I'm on cd7 and got a high reading this morning. I wasn't expecting it until next week really. How long before ovulation would you get a high reading usually?

Malvapoeding Thu 04-Aug-11 07:51:23

I got about 5 days high before 2 days peak. If it is your first month or your cycle has been a bit variable you may get more highs before your peak.

Kayzr Thu 04-Aug-11 07:56:56

It's only the first cycle. I did the first one yesterday. Just was a bit shocked it was high this morning.

KlairvoyantKat Thu 04-Aug-11 08:11:48

In my first cycle I got six whole days of two bars and then 2 days of peak! very tiring! Fortunately it settled down after that to an average of 3 high days. It is still getting to know you.

Malvapoeding Thu 04-Aug-11 08:53:15

Mine took 2 cycles to settle down then I got 3 peaks and 2 highs a months and only used 10 sticks. The first month I used the whole pack of 20 sticks.

wellieboots Thu 04-Aug-11 09:05:39

I still get lots of highs and I'm 3 months in. But it is changing slowly, it will get to know you, don't worry.

KlairvoyantKat Thu 04-Aug-11 12:16:43

Don't use 20 sticks! It is a ploy the evil buggers at Clearblue have come up with to take even more of your money.

Once you see the 3 bars, do not do any more tests that month, even if it asks for them, It is pointless as the monitor is preset to show you 2 days of 3 bars when it detects the surge, then one day of 2 bars, and then the rest of the cycle on low. Pissing on more sticks will not change that! Also once you have got your 3 bars, you know you will probably ovulate later that day or more likely on the second day. The monitor has no way of confirming that you have actually ovulated. (mucus change/temping can confirm that).

The instruction that you always need to use sticks from the same box is complete rubbish too. The Clearblue stuff is expensive enough as it is without them finding new ways to rip you off.

am86 Thu 04-Aug-11 22:47:10

Sorry to hijack your thread Kayzr, but I have a question too.

I'm also on my first month of using the monitor, and am now on Day 15 and all I've had is low readings. I'm a little surprised as all the reviews i'd read previously suggested that it was like to give several high readings. My cycles are generally a similar length of 28-30 days.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Malvapoeding Fri 05-Aug-11 15:31:16

Am - the machine does need a few cycles for figure out what is 'normal' for you so it will register this month's readings then next month will use those as a base for giving your readings.

taytotayto Thu 11-Aug-11 13:39:46

i totally agree with klairvoyantkat. i bought 3 boxes of sticks when i bought my monitor. it took about 3 goes and then i was pregnant. anyway when dd was a year old i used the monitor again but with out of date sticks just to see what would happen really, was pregnant the first month so being out of date didnt effect them and i also used sticks from different boxes all the time. i also stopped using stick once i got my peaks too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now