Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding

(3 Posts)
chevytruck Wed 03-Aug-11 11:18:41

Long story short.
Have two kiddies, youngest one 14 months. Stopped bf at 10 months and started bleeding the month after. And haven't stopped.
Have had several courses of Utovlan which stop it dead every time but always comes back immediately after stopping course of drugs.
Have had internal examinations and an ultrasound - no fibroids or polyps.
Have been diagnosed with the above.

Problem is the Utovlan was causing severe weight gain so have stopped it. Weaned off it over a week and told to start taking TWO contraceptive pills instead on one (cerazette).
Unfortunately bleeding came back almost as soon as stopped Utovlan and two pills doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Phoned the gynae who (eventually) called back and said that all I can do is either:

a) have a coil fitted
b) try taking one or two Utovlan every day for three weeks, then a week off (like a simulated period)
c) wait and see if (after three months) the TWO pills starts working.

All fine. But more recently have decided we might like a third child.
Gynae man said that this might be a problem I have until menopause. A scary word to hear when you're 33.

Does anyone out there have experience of getting pregnant while coping with DUB?

As far as I can see it'll be impossible. I'm either bleeding so heavily its more like a haemorrhage (SP?) in which case a pregnancy wouldn't 'take' or else I'm on double contraceptive pills (or a coil).

Help. I'm miserable at the thought of not being able to try for another baby and everyone around me just keeps telling me to concentrate on my health first.

chevytruck Wed 03-Aug-11 17:00:43

bump sad

MrsC1977 Wed 03-Aug-11 19:30:40

Hi, I've had abnormal uterine bleeding on/off since 2007 after being diagnosed with pcos. I have been on Northisterone to stop the bleeding, but I start bleeding again once I've stopped taking it. Gynae doc has said the bleeding is the cause of a hormonal balance due to the pcos. I've had scans etc and they've shown nothing. I found going on the pill (yasmin) regulated periods and balanced hormone levels out. I was put on metformin to conceive dd( 2) I know how much is does ur head in as I'm bloody sick of it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: