Talk

Advanced search

Distraction Please!

(11 Posts)
Wants3 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:23:29

help, all I seem to be able to think of at the moment is getting pregnant! Anyone got any ideas for keeping me from going completely gaga!

kickassmunkiii Tue 02-Aug-11 19:27:40

If you find any let me know won't you grin

Figaro82 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:42:53

And me please!!

Wants3 Wed 03-Aug-11 09:59:01

Oh good, not just me then!

montymum Wed 03-Aug-11 10:31:34

Me too, trying to keep busy but it is the school holidays so I have a lovely 6 weeks off, finding it hard to fill my time (the house has been cleaned-including windows, skirting boards and every cupboard and the gardening done).Doesn't help that friends have announced 2 pregnancies this week and one had a gorgeous baby boy yesterday- so todays task is going to be shopping for a present for him- not sure that is really a distraction! have another 7 days to wait for AF and not even thiking of testing before then, but really don't feel it has happened this month so having wat af to hurry up so I can start all over again!!! If I find a magical distraction techique I will let you know.

montymum Wed 03-Aug-11 10:33:32

oh dear sticky 'n' on my keyboard

buggerlugs82 Wed 03-Aug-11 12:33:58

this may help

I've just bought a new bike and hopefully cycyling and getting fit / thin will help me.

Spuddybean Wed 03-Aug-11 13:38:21

yup me too. trying for 3 months and am now insane (charting even tho i promised i wouldn't etc)

i'm usually a 24 day cycle girl but i am on day 27 and am just trying to get thru today before i test.

Nothing to do at work so reading all the threads on MN to distract me.

buggerlugs82 Wed 03-Aug-11 13:45:14

We started TTC in Jan and i can honestly say i became obsessed, i probably thought about pregnant so much i forgot to have sex (duh)

My periods then stopped in Feb due to exam stress and i honestly think too much time on knicker watch. My AF returned in July and i feel a lot more relaxed about it now although coming on MN daily means im thinking of it daily im not as obsessed. I still find it hard to see pregnant women though and wonder how old they are and how long they were TTC.

desperateoldie67 Wed 03-Aug-11 16:00:18

No idea...because I don't seem to be able to think about much else either, even though for me/us it would be absolutely ridiculous timing. Thing is, at 43 I really don't have that much time to keep fannying about, so to speak!

AND I have a friend who produced a gorgeous baby in January and the first time I held him I knew I was in trouble!

Wants3 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:44:46

Same here montymum I am not working so that gives me more time to think. I am actually looking forward to AF arriving so that I can start the next stage! DH is home this week too so topic of conversation turns to TTC! Friends and family don't know so on here is the only place I can chat about it freely;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now