Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Distraction Please!

(11 Posts)
Wants3 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:23:29

help, all I seem to be able to think of at the moment is getting pregnant! Anyone got any ideas for keeping me from going completely gaga!

kickassmunkiii Tue 02-Aug-11 19:27:40

If you find any let me know won't you grin

Figaro82 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:42:53

And me please!!

Wants3 Wed 03-Aug-11 09:59:01

Oh good, not just me then!

montymum Wed 03-Aug-11 10:31:34

Me too, trying to keep busy but it is the school holidays so I have a lovely 6 weeks off, finding it hard to fill my time (the house has been cleaned-including windows, skirting boards and every cupboard and the gardening done).Doesn't help that friends have announced 2 pregnancies this week and one had a gorgeous baby boy yesterday- so todays task is going to be shopping for a present for him- not sure that is really a distraction! have another 7 days to wait for AF and not even thiking of testing before then, but really don't feel it has happened this month so having wat af to hurry up so I can start all over again!!! If I find a magical distraction techique I will let you know.

montymum Wed 03-Aug-11 10:33:32

oh dear sticky 'n' on my keyboard

buggerlugs82 Wed 03-Aug-11 12:33:58

this may help

I've just bought a new bike and hopefully cycyling and getting fit / thin will help me.

Spuddybean Wed 03-Aug-11 13:38:21

yup me too. trying for 3 months and am now insane (charting even tho i promised i wouldn't etc)

i'm usually a 24 day cycle girl but i am on day 27 and am just trying to get thru today before i test.

Nothing to do at work so reading all the threads on MN to distract me.

buggerlugs82 Wed 03-Aug-11 13:45:14

We started TTC in Jan and i can honestly say i became obsessed, i probably thought about pregnant so much i forgot to have sex (duh)

My periods then stopped in Feb due to exam stress and i honestly think too much time on knicker watch. My AF returned in July and i feel a lot more relaxed about it now although coming on MN daily means im thinking of it daily im not as obsessed. I still find it hard to see pregnant women though and wonder how old they are and how long they were TTC.

desperateoldie67 Wed 03-Aug-11 16:00:18

No idea...because I don't seem to be able to think about much else either, even though for me/us it would be absolutely ridiculous timing. Thing is, at 43 I really don't have that much time to keep fannying about, so to speak!

AND I have a friend who produced a gorgeous baby in January and the first time I held him I knew I was in trouble!

Wants3 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:44:46

Same here montymum I am not working so that gives me more time to think. I am actually looking forward to AF arriving so that I can start the next stage! DH is home this week too so topic of conversation turns to TTC! Friends and family don't know so on here is the only place I can chat about it freely;)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: