Talk

Advanced search

Large temp drops. Is it due to early waking?

(10 Posts)
Kayzr Tue 02-Aug-11 13:20:00

I've been doing my temp for about 2 weeks now. I've had a couple of quite big temp drops. Both on days I've been awake very early. Is that causing them? I was awake before 6 both times. Just wondered what's causing them. Thanks

ShowOfHands Tue 02-Aug-11 13:21:18

They say if you've had any kind of a disturbed or interrupted night, you shouldn't count the temp readings.

Kayzr Tue 02-Aug-11 13:49:21

Ok then. I went away and had to get up early and then was wide awake this morning so had to do my temp.

Thanks

eurochick Tue 02-Aug-11 16:17:41

Probably. You are supposed to try to take it at the same time each day. When I get up daftly early for flights I tend to skip that day.

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 02-Aug-11 18:46:49

I've checked at 3 (usually check at 6) when getting up to pee and found much.lower temp. The more consistent I've been with time the clearer a pattern I've seen.

Kayzr Tue 02-Aug-11 18:47:18

I didn't know about missing a day. I know that it has to be after a 3 hour sleep so thats why I did these 2 temps at half 5ish

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 02-Aug-11 19:00:51

To be honest half an hour is neither here nor there. Is it on FF? Could you create a link?

Kayzr Tue 02-Aug-11 19:12:57

Chart. I think thats it. I'm only on CD5 today.

InTheSunshine Tue 02-Aug-11 21:46:29

My temp always drops around CD5 or 6. think it's due to progesterone dropping post period. I could be wrong though!

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 03-Aug-11 06:35:30

Ah useful to see your chart, cheers. On cd5 I wouldst worry to much, that variation looks within a sensible range. Mine is all over the shop til af leaves and then settles down. Here's mine for comparison.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now