Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Question about periods after breastfeeding.

(4 Posts)
Lulabell Sun 31-Jul-11 13:13:23

I had my first proper period last month (I'd had occasional light bleeding before), so my 1st day of LMP was 25th June. At that point I was away for two weeks, and when I got back DH had gone away for one week, so we didn't have sex for at least 3 weeks after AF started, so I think we should have been a long way post ovulation.

I was waiting for the one this month because we want to start ttc a second and I wanted to use ovulation tests, but it still hasn't come.

I suppose it's normal for them to be irregular to start with, but does anyone know when they might settle down?

Thanks in advance smile

Minshu Sun 31-Jul-11 14:05:27

My first period came when DD was about 8 months old, then the next about 7 or 8 weeks later, but I'd not noticed any of my normal ovulation symptoms (discharge, etc). They didn't become truly regular for another few months after that - we finished BF around 11.5 months, and been "normal" since then.

It could be worth a PG test? You may have ovulated later than you expected smile.

Lulabell Sun 31-Jul-11 16:45:57

Thanks Minshu, sounds like it may be a while before they sort themselves out then, DS shows no signs of giving up the boob!

I'll give it another week or so and then try a PG test to be sure either way.

Thanks agaon smile

Lulabell Sun 31-Jul-11 16:46:20

^again <slaps forehead>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: