Talk

Advanced search

Question about periods after breastfeeding.

(4 Posts)
Lulabell Sun 31-Jul-11 13:13:23

I had my first proper period last month (I'd had occasional light bleeding before), so my 1st day of LMP was 25th June. At that point I was away for two weeks, and when I got back DH had gone away for one week, so we didn't have sex for at least 3 weeks after AF started, so I think we should have been a long way post ovulation.

I was waiting for the one this month because we want to start ttc a second and I wanted to use ovulation tests, but it still hasn't come.

I suppose it's normal for them to be irregular to start with, but does anyone know when they might settle down?

Thanks in advance smile

Minshu Sun 31-Jul-11 14:05:27

My first period came when DD was about 8 months old, then the next about 7 or 8 weeks later, but I'd not noticed any of my normal ovulation symptoms (discharge, etc). They didn't become truly regular for another few months after that - we finished BF around 11.5 months, and been "normal" since then.

It could be worth a PG test? You may have ovulated later than you expected smile.

Lulabell Sun 31-Jul-11 16:45:57

Thanks Minshu, sounds like it may be a while before they sort themselves out then, DS shows no signs of giving up the boob!

I'll give it another week or so and then try a PG test to be sure either way.

Thanks agaon smile

Lulabell Sun 31-Jul-11 16:46:20

^again <slaps forehead>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now