Talk

Advanced search

Period question. TMI

(5 Posts)
Kayzr Thu 28-Jul-11 18:53:54

I have just come off the pill. The pill I was on you take for 3 weeks and then have a week break. So I am still in the week that I would normally have a break.

I have started charting but I'm not sure if I am on day 2 or still at the end.

Usually my AF comes overnight on the Tuesday. It normally starts very heavy and then tails off around the Saturday. This month it is really really light, only there when I wipe really(sorry TMI).

Should I count this as the start of my AF or wait and see if it gets heavier and then start the cycle?

Thanks

Pipbin Thu 28-Jul-11 20:50:42

As far as I understand day 1 is the first day when you need to use full on sanitary protection i.e. a tampon or full size pad.

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 28-Jul-11 22:51:04

Sounds like a withdrawal bleed. I strongly recommend sticking the thermometer in the back .of a drawer for at least a couple of months til the pill is out of your system! pipbin is right in terms of when af starts. You jay find it takes a few cycles to see what your af is like off the pill (mine was very different). Keep track of your cycles but tbh that's all you need to start with.
I'd say charting is only necessary when its been a while ttc with no joy, it cam cause more stress than help! Aim for swi 3 times a week every week and see what happens. Good luck ttc smile

mskatemc Thu 28-Jul-11 23:26:04

That's really useful pipbin, I always have a practice day before the deluge and never known whether to count it as the 1st day or not.

Kayzr Fri 29-Jul-11 06:27:52

I have to chart though because I need to know when I ovulate because DP works away for 5 weeks. So I really need to know if we are going to miss OV or if he's here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now