Talk

Advanced search

BBT chart query - can anyone help pls?

(5 Posts)
SaffaSouthernFairy Mon 25-Jul-11 06:53:39

Hi, i am hoping someone can help - i've been charting my temps for a few months now and have noticed that my tempreture is only hight till around 7 dpo. I thought it was supposed to stay high until first day of period? My cycle is about 28 day, ovulating normally on day 16. Is this ok? Any advise much apreciated!

AmandaCooper Mon 25-Jul-11 07:29:02

That sounds ok. Your temp is high while progesterone levels are high post OV. They will stay high if you are pg but otherwise drop off just before AF is due. Your cycle sounds normal to me.

ducksinarow Mon 25-Jul-11 09:29:25

I would agree it sounds ok! 12 day LP is at the lower end of the normal range, but it would still be considered normal. My temps start rising once I ovulate and normally would rise to a peak around 7/8 dpo and then start to decline slightly, the big drop off to below the coverline happening just before or sometimes just after my period arrives.

The higher temperature is indicating raised progesterone levels, these peak around 7dpo (hence the supposed day 21 blood test, which is supposed to be measured at 6/7/8/9 dpo as these are the peak days for progesterone.) During pregnancy the progesterone levels stay up and so the temperature does not drop around the time that the period arrives. A continued raised temperature at 18 dpo is said to indicate pregnancy.

Sorry this is a long explaination, which was said much more succinctly by the previous poster, but rest assured your charting sounds good.

SaffaSouthernFairy Mon 25-Jul-11 13:26:19

oh phew - thank you both, and for the explanation ducksinarow smile

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 25-Jul-11 18:58:07

If you want some charting support, do feel free to Join us on the charting thread here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now