Talk

Advanced search

Regular 7 day periods, but this month it's just stopped at cd2 - any ideas?

(10 Posts)
Pixiepops Sun 24-Jul-11 20:01:20

Hi all,

I've been having pretty regular periods every 25-30 days since I came off the pill last year and started to ttc, each of which have lasted 7 days. On Friday af started as expected, but last night I was woken with severe stomach cramps (which eventually eased & haven't returned), but since then I've had no further bleeding. I poas this morning but got a bfn.

I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago which I was told by the technician looked OK, and am going for my first blood test tomorrow. Hopefully this will help explain what's going on, but in the mean time does anyone have any ideas/experience of this?

Thanks smile

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 24-Jul-11 20:29:20

Could it be implantation bleeding? If you'd ovulated late, creating a longer cycle time wise it would make sense. Also if it's implantation you would get a bfn.(not to get your hopes up if you are ttc!). Just a suggestion, others might have more ideas

Pixiepops Sun 24-Jul-11 20:47:51

Thanks Faith

From opks I think I'd have been 12 dpo yesterday. I do feel tired today, though this might be something to do with being woken in the night! I'm not going to get my hopes up (ok, maybe just a little bit smile )

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 24-Jul-11 21:04:54

Well at 12 dpo it's still possible you'd get bfn when upduffed. Do you know how long your luteal phase is normally?

Pixiepops Sun 24-Jul-11 21:18:03

10 days I think, though I'm only going from opks so am not absolutely sure. Should af fail to reappear, how long do you think I should give it before poas again?

Nettee Mon 25-Jul-11 07:28:55

They say at least 48 hours. Maybe 15 dpo then you would have been late by one day for your af if you assume that was due 14 dpo.

Pixiepops Mon 25-Jul-11 09:32:13

Thanks ladies.

I couldn't help myself from poas this morning, but obviously it was bfn. Will try again tomorrow ( & the next day...) & see if anything turns up smile

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 25-Jul-11 19:06:19

Yes do keep us posted!

Pixiepops Mon 25-Jul-11 21:01:12

Af has reappeared sad

Maybe next month...

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 25-Jul-11 21:55:24

Ah, sorry to hear that. Here's hoping for the upcoming month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now