Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been put on Letrazole/Femara for ttc with pcos?

(4 Posts)
digitalgirl Sat 23-Jul-11 10:08:56

I have mild pcos and my cycles are long and irregular but I do ovulate.
After four miscarriages in less than 2 years I'm currently on a steroid treatment programe for high nk cells where I have to take prednisolone from ovulation. Although im charting it's proving difficult (and v frustrating) to know when I've ovulated till a few days afterwards - my consultant has suggested we try Letrazole next cycle, starting on 2.5mg. The aim is to make me ovulate earlier for 'natural' ttc rather than harvest loads of eggs. I'll be monitored with scans.

Has anyone tried this and did it help you to ovulate earlier? What dosage worked for you?

Apparently this drug doesn't thin the uterine lining and is safe to use long-term, unlike Clomid - but I'm wondering why I hardly ever hear of it on ttc threads.

digitalgirl Sun 24-Jul-11 21:43:06

Bump - anyone? Or am I the only one?

digitalgirl Mon 01-Aug-11 20:26:55

Bumping one last time smile

eurochick Mon 01-Aug-11 20:38:14

digi I didn't want to leave this answered. I've never heard of it used as a Clomid alternative but just had a quick google and it does seem to be a recognised treatment.

Maybe it's a lot more expensive than Clomid. That's known to be pretty cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now