Talk

Advanced search

How long after lap ovarian drilling will AF come?

(8 Posts)
pinkapples Fri 22-Jul-11 16:41:21

Hi, I have just had a lap and dye with ovarian drilling (3 days ago) and wondered how long it would be before AF would join me (if it's going to) don't really know what to expect, any ideas or stories?

Vikks Fri 22-Jul-11 21:31:55

Hi Pinkapples, hope you're recovering well.
When I had Ovarian Drilling it took 18 days before AF arrive, which was only a few days longer than my cycle would have been. Good luck x

pinkapples Fri 22-Jul-11 21:39:14

Thanks for your note I don't have periods as part of the pcos so it's a bit of a stab in the dark as to when it will come if at all I'm good and recovering steadily

Vikks Fri 22-Jul-11 23:33:11

Sorry to hear that. Did they put you on meds too?

pinkapples Sat 23-Jul-11 07:17:52

Yea I've had 6 rounds of Clomid which I had to take after I'd induced a period with provera so if AF doesn't come I'm sure there are other options fingers crossed not really sure what would come next

CleanSheetsAndSmoothLegs Sat 23-Jul-11 18:13:06

I had ovarian drilling on Thursday and it looks like a period might be starting today.

Vikks Sat 23-Jul-11 18:36:06

I had the 6 rounds of Clomid too which never worked then they put me on tamoxifen for 9 months. Bloods showed that this got me to Ov in the end. Hope it works for you.

pinkapples Sat 23-Jul-11 18:44:18

Wow that's really quick cleansheetsandsmoothlegs hope it all works out for you...fingers crossed AF will appear soon for me too... The consultant did mention tamoxifn before I had the lap so that may be the next option I think x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now