Talk

Advanced search

TTC, midcycle bleeding

(12 Posts)
Sinople Fri 22-Jul-11 11:02:54

Have you experienced this or do you have any opinions?

- No previous history of previous mid cycle spotting
- This cycle had a small amount of brown (old) blood day 15, 16, 17
- TTC for just one month
- 5 periods since stopping breast feeding, cycle roughly 32days (still feed v infrequently, but have all but stopped)

- did I ovulate early and conceive?
- hormonal breakthrough bleeding?
- cervical/uterus problem?

I guess it could be any of these things.... i might have to just watch and wait... Im not very good with uncertainty

maybebabyR Fri 22-Jul-11 11:05:12

Hi sinople I am no expert, but I had the same thing this month, and have put it down to ovulation bleeding. I have never had this before either, but I suppose there is a first for everything!

Hope that helps a bit smile

Sinople Fri 22-Jul-11 11:36:21

Thanks maybebabyR... im getting the sense that it's fairly common (have googled it)... why now, this month is a mystery though

maybebabyR Fri 22-Jul-11 11:38:54

That's what I'm thinking too. Hoping it means this eggs a good one!

TurtlesAreRetroRight Fri 22-Jul-11 11:41:07

The only times I've every had mid-cycle bleeding, I've conceived. No idea why because it happens slightly too early for implantation. I wonder if it's hormonal?

Anyway, you should get it checked out if it happens again but as a one off it's probably just hormonal/related to ovulation.

cheekycurls Fri 22-Jul-11 13:47:45

i had the same this month, pink/brown blood when i wiped only lasted a few hours this was 5 days after a positive ov test so is that not a bit late for ov bleeding but early for implantation bleeding?!
so confusing, trying not to get my hopes up but a day after the bleed my boobs was sore and now really sore and on fire! good / bad i really don't know :/

Dragini Fri 22-Jul-11 14:23:28

Hmmmm, just how much blood does there need to be to count as "bleeding"? Ttc (for bloody years!) and recently had acupuncture and some therapy, noticed I had a small streak of bright red blood when wiping on days 16/17 and now got achey boobs (although that's normal for me atthis stage in my cycle - doesn't stop me hoping though!)

cheekycurls Fri 22-Jul-11 14:40:29

mine wasn't alot it was literally just on the paper when i wiped twice (did put a towel on just in case and nothing on it) a brown/pink first time and sort of a clear pink/red second time i wiped after that nothing (checking like a crazy woman!) if it was around ov or near the time of possible implantation i could put it down to that but i can't as it seems too late/early for either one of them
like u Dragini, can only hope it's a good sign! fx for all smile

ciwi Fri 22-Jul-11 14:59:12

That happened to me 2 months in a row, i was using opk's and it was around ov time, went to my GP and she said it was normal and not to worry, it can be due to hormone changes around ov time and it can happen even if it has never happened before. I got my bfp despite the bleeding x

Sinople Sat 23-Jul-11 03:39:05

TurtleAreRetro Right - youve got me thinking that I might me pregnant. that would be so awesome if I was.
For me it was a lot more than a one off on the tissue. It's been a tiny amount compared to a noraml period, but I have had to wear a pad for three days to protect my knickers, there hasnt been much on it at all but enough.
might just have to wait and see... i will start testing in a week.
id be very interested to hear if anyone else on this thread is preggers! Good luck!!! smile

Sinople Sat 23-Jul-11 11:46:03

after searching on here for past threads on ovulation tests and ovulation bleeding i now think i could have the answers...

I think it's possible the my opk missed my LH surge/time of ovulation, then i went on to have ovulation bleeding (which seems to be fairly common in women who've had at least one baby)

So I may or may not be pregnant... Im going to remain optimistic...

I probably ovulated
I used pre seed lubricant
We BD'd on the two nights before I think I ovulated
Ive had cramping pains (now stopped)
Some say that ovulation bleeding is a sign that youre v fertile !??

...some positives there.... fingers crossed for a PPT

cheekycurls Mon 25-Jul-11 09:26:21

just had so brown old blood when i went toilet maybe start of AF?! who knows eh! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now