Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage last week, still bleeding, can I use a tampon?

(3 Posts)
RedB Fri 22-Jul-11 10:35:13

I had a miscarriage last week at somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks. Had heavy-ish bleeding 9 days ago and its been getting much lighter since then, but I'm still getting small amounts. We are off to Spain on holiday tomorrow and I really want to be able to swim, will I be OK to use a tampon if I'm still bleeding? I know advice is to use a towel because of potential infection and I have been all this time, I just want to feel normal again.

helenlouisey Fri 22-Jul-11 12:04:50

I am really sorry to hear you had a miscarriage. If you are still bleeding then that means your cervix will be open and therefore the risk of infection will still be there. I know it's horrible, and I was like you just wanted to use a tampon and almost be able to forget it was still happening but I really dont think it's worth the risk, if it's just small amounts of bleeding you are getting then hopefully in a few days it will all be finished, fingers crossed. I hope you have a wonderful time on holiday.

X

munki Sat 23-Jul-11 06:14:47

I'm really sorry about your mc too. I would echo what Helen says though - it's just not worth the risk to use a tampon. Hopefully your bleeding should stop soon, though?

When I mc'd, I ovulated literally 14 days later, and got pregnant, so if you're up for it I would make the most of being on holiday! Hope you have a great time in any case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now