Talk

Advanced search

clearblue fertility monitor help/advice

(4 Posts)
mrswilson2011 Fri 22-Jul-11 07:03:15

Hi i am all new to this so please excuse the acrynoms smile

My husband and i have been trying for a baby for 5 years.with no luck we have undergone fertility tests where the husband was fine with no problems (he has 2 children from previous relationship) i was told i had pcos but this wouldn't affect my chances 2 years later i underwent surgery to remove the cysts.went back for a follow up and was told my ovaries were "cyst free" we then got told about the cbfm which we bought (will say we have only jus got one) This is my first month in using it.currently i have only had high reading after having roughly 6 lows i am aware in the first month you aren't likely to get a peak reading as the monitor adjusts to your cycle..What i would like to know is having pcos then having my cysts removed will this affect my reading? should i be using it or will it be no good for me..my cycles are quite irregular i never know when my period is due one day from the next.We long to have our first child together soo much hearing about the cbfm gave me so much hope..we have had clomid with no success but i am told i ovulate fine.we cannot afford to go for ivf the cbfm is we feel our last hope.can anyone give me any insight into using this monitor please.thankyou in advance for you replies/feedback.

blacktreaclecat Fri 22-Jul-11 07:30:04

I have polycystic ovaries but not PCOS. CBFM works fine for me. I normally get one or two high days before peak. You can cheat by looking at the sticks.
There are 2 lines. Oestradiol and LH. Start of cycle oestradiol will look dark blue- low. As oestradiol rises that line gets lighter. The LH line is like an opk and looks darker when you get your surge before ov. After peak you will always get another peak, a high then low.
HTH

blacktreaclecat Fri 22-Jul-11 07:30:49

I have polycystic ovaries but not PCOS. CBFM works fine for me. I normally get one or two high days before peak. You can cheat by looking at the sticks.
There are 2 lines. Oestradiol and LH. Start of cycle oestradiol will look dark blue- low. As oestradiol rises that line gets lighter. The LH line is like an opk and looks darker when you get your surge before ov. After peak you will always get another peak, a high then low.
HTH

mrswilson2011 Sat 23-Jul-11 22:59:31

blacktreaclecat - sorry i am completley new to all of this hun i didnt no pcos and polycystic ovaries were two different things i thought if you had cysts on your ovaries you have pcos? please can you explain the difference to me thankyou.I am hoping the cbfm works fine for me to thankyou for your reply

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now