Talk

Advanced search

pain after hsg

(3 Posts)
havealittlefaithbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 17:17:23

I wondered how long people had pain after their Hsg? I had one yesterday morning. It was painful at the time (apparently because my cervix opening is narrow). I was told to expect cramping and spitting yesterday (which I.had) but the pain is just as bad now. Pain is a bit like being punched in the stomach at the front while someone probs me internally with something fairly Sharp. I'm still spotting too. I'm taking co-codamol which is helping. Past experience pearls of wisdom anyone?

Biscuitsandtea Thu 21-Jul-11 20:15:04

Hi Have I would think it might be worth checking with GP if still painful tomorrow. I had one which to be fair didn't hurt as much as yours when it was done (I think after the way DS was whipped out with forceps there is little chance of me having a narrow cervix opening blush).

Anyway, I was told it might hurt for a few hours I think so if it is still sore tomorrow I would just get it checked out. Can't hurt and better to be told it is all normal. Anyway, we don't want it interrupting your SWI wink

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 20:21:06

I think that's wise advice. The pain killers, wheat bag and bath DH dunked me in when we got home have helped but I am still sore. If it still hurts in the morning I'll book a GP appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now