Talk

Advanced search

Another fucking period

(12 Posts)
Alibobster Thu 21-Jul-11 16:37:10

no baby this month then. Three years ttc, 4 miscarriages and now extremely fucked off. May as well give up

NinjaChipmunk Thu 21-Jul-11 16:42:23

I'm so very sorry for your losses. It must be very hard. Have you had any investigations into the mc?

Alibobster Thu 21-Jul-11 17:08:53

Ninja I'm sorry for ranting. Just really thought I could have been pgt this month, lots of symptoms don't usually get and was very hopeful. I have had several tests and procedures carried out but they've not found anything wrong. I am so blessed that I have a ds who is 5 but why is it so hard for me to have another when everyone around me seems to be popping them out!

Alibobster Thu 21-Jul-11 17:11:37

Ninja I'm sorry for ranting. Just really thought I could have been pgt this month, lots of symptoms don't usually get and was very hopeful. I have had several tests and procedures carried out but they've not found anything wrong. I am so blessed that I have a ds who is 5 but why is it so hard for me to have another when everyone around me seems to be popping them out!

ajandjjmum Thu 21-Jul-11 17:11:37

Sorry Ali - I have a friend who was in a similar position. One DS followed by two miscarriages and then three more babies within four years!

Her DS is a real 'big brother' to his three younger siblings.

NinjaChipmunk Fri 22-Jul-11 22:41:40

ali I'm fortunate to have not experienced a mc but we've been trying for 15 months for number two. DS is nearly 4 and was conceived v quickly. I totally understand the devastation at the end of the 2ww, especially when you were feeling hopeful. Its dreadful and heartbreaking and life seems to stand still while everyone around you moves forward.
It's healthier getting a rant out than keeping it in. And I know there are a lot of people on here who will understand how you feel.
Good luck and don't apologize for how you feel. Hope you feel more positive soon and that you get a bean that sticks firmly.

munki Sat 23-Jul-11 17:45:26

Another one in the same boat - ttc number two and it feels like time is running out. Every period is worse now - was my twelfth yesterday and it feels very final to reach that landmark - I spent all day at work choking back tears. I'm finding it very difficult to cope, very lonely - sure everyone thinks I've decided to stick at one child, I'm just dreading the day when someone says it to me as I don't know how I'll react.

Anyway, you're definitely not alone. Please rant as much as you want, you are totally entitled to!

Biscuitsandtea Sat 23-Jul-11 18:26:35

Another one in the same boat I'm afraid. TTC no 2 for 19 months and nothing. DS is nearly 3 and was conceived reasonably quickly (although we did have a mc before him) but both times we got pg quite quickly.

And I do know what you all mean about that feeling when your period turns up - it completely sucks. Munki - I also know what you mean when you think people must think you have chosen to only have one. People say it to me all the time - did you not want any more? YES I DO!!!!!

It does make me more grateful for DS though. I know that all children are a 'miracle' but it makes me think that given the trouble we're having now, maybe he was more of a miracle than we thought!.

Ali have you had any investigations done into either the time taken or the repeated mcs? I don't know a lot about the miscarriage thing but I have read about people on other threads taking things (couldn't tell you what) when they fall pg again after miscarriages?

And for what it is worth, I more and more often wonder if it is worth carrying on with the whole ttc thing sad

Alibobster Sat 23-Jul-11 22:54:25

Ladies,thank you for all your messages. I'm so sorry you're going through this too. Biscuits I have had all the relevant tests carried out and they've found nothing wrong, which is good I suppose. My last visit to the consultant was in March and I asked him if there was anything I could do or any medicine I could take and he said there was nothing he could do or prescribe me, just to return in 6 months! It's just so frustrating! It takes me so long to get pregnant in the first place and then when I do there's no guarantee it's going to be a successful pg. Such a rolllercoaster of emotions!

I know what you mean about being grateful for the ds that you have and I am the first to say to people about how lucky I am to have my ds but what pisses me off is when people say 'oh at least you're lucky you have one' this always comes from people who have at least 2 or 3 kids and have never had problems with ttc or m/c. They don't have a clue how insensitive and hurtful their words are

Thanks again ladies, your kind words of support mean so much xxx

OracleInaCoracle Mon 25-Jul-11 08:39:33

<Hairstroke> been ttc 6 years and 13 mcs and an ep. No baby2 period started yesterday, 4 days early AGAIN, so cycle is shortening. Tis shit.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 25-Jul-11 08:39:35

<Hairstroke> been ttc 6 years and 13 mcs and an ep. No baby2 period started yesterday, 4 days early AGAIN, so cycle is shortening. Tis shit.

Blindcavesalamander Mon 25-Jul-11 08:56:42

It might be a bit early in the morning for this information but I just thought it would do no harm to tell you the best and most amazing 'tip' I found for conceiving, which worked so well for me that I would like to tell anyone I was brave enough to tell, who is trying to get pregnant. I had been trying for a bit and saw a programme where a tiny camera goes inside the body. You watched sex from inside the body and saw the woman having an orgasm. The cervix 'pulsated' and was, apparently, sucking up sperm. The trick, therefore, was to have DH/DP orgasm first, so there is sperm inside for the cervix to then kind of 'suck up' if you come AFTER. That and sex a day or two before ovulation (rather earlier than I had expected for me) as well as at the 'right time'. It worked a treat for me, made all the difference. Instant conception every time once the orgasm order trick divised.
I did have a miscarriage too, inbetween my two daughters. It's so awfully sad, I'm really sorry and still do think about our little baby who was never born. I gave 'him' a name and will never forget 'him' even though it was quite an earlyish one. I cried and cried and cried in the hospital and I think it helped to totally go with the feeling and grieve intensely, it helped me to get past it and not forget, but feel ready to go onwards and have the next baby who I am SO happy was born...now 5 years old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now