Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant when i got sterilised!!!!!!

(7 Posts)
cr4zycow Thu 21-Jul-11 15:53:10

I was wondering if anyone else on the forum had this happen to them?? 4 weeks ago i got sterilised. Due to symptoms that i hadn't put together the nurse suggested i do a pregnancy test and low and behold it was positive!!!! It turns out i'm 7 weeks pregnant (5 weeks since conception) so i was a week pregnant when i got sterilised! Yesterday i started spotting so returned to the hospital. I was examined and told my cervix is still closed and there was no more blood but obviously i'm still very worried! I've heard of people getting sterilised and then ending up pregnant but never being pregnant when getting sterlised. I'm hoping and praying everything is going to be ok. I saw the baby yesterday before the bleeding and it was in the correct place with a good strong heartbeat.

Shinyshoes1 Thu 21-Jul-11 16:02:34

shit..........didn't want to read and run but bluddy hell.

Did you ask if the baby will be ok?

No constuctive advice to give but will be watching this one

cr4zycow Thu 21-Jul-11 16:04:47

They have said it should be but obviously its been through loads already :/ The baby passed through like a day before they clipped my tubes

MotherPanda Thu 21-Jul-11 16:05:51

Oooh - hang on, the first two weeks of pregnancy are 'freebie weeks' arent they? as in, you are not actually pregnant, and there is no sort of baby or cell formation going on untill you are over two weeks pregnant.

So, maybe you did get pregnant after you were sterilised

Is this possible?

cr4zycow Thu 21-Jul-11 16:23:00

No i was pregnant before as the op was just over 4 weeks ago and without the 2 free weeks i'm 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

MotherPanda Thu 21-Jul-11 16:46:01

Ah, sorry then. Heartbeat is always a good sign though. Hope everything works out ok - I know a few people who have bled in early pregnancy and their babies are fine.

AuntieDoris Thu 21-Jul-11 18:20:08

My aunt was steralised, but must have conceived just before the op. Her daughter is now 21 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now