Talk

Advanced search

Exercise to become fit for TTC

(15 Posts)
littlewater Wed 20-Jul-11 21:37:17

so I'm doing the healthily eating, and I feel good.
So exercise...... Well none.

Anyone got any ideas??

Lw

Quodlibet Wed 20-Jul-11 21:49:19

Pilates is great for core strength (and a strong pelvic floor!). Also for protecting your lower back.
I've started to enjoy running - build up from 1 min run/1 min walk, you quickly get much fitter.

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 06:18:13

Zumba is SO much fun, it's a brilliant workout out but you don't realise because you're laughing so much!

TooImmature2BDumbledore Thu 21-Jul-11 08:26:24

Have just started Couch 2 5k. All I have to do is follow the instructions - no brain involved! Beats trying to motivate myself when running. Still on week 1. 60 secs running, 90 secs walking. Even I can do that! Dreading week 2...

MooseCakey Thu 21-Jul-11 08:45:51

Swimming could be good because you can keep doing it when you're pg to stay fit for labour, the water supports you so less likely to injure yourself. It takes a while to get in to a routine with showering and everything but it's worth it.

Biscuitsandtea Thu 21-Jul-11 08:54:02

I've been doing swimming too while ttc. I've tried various classes at the gym and always find that during the 2ww I don't really commit as I keep thinking 'what if? I'd better not over do it...'

I've heard good things too about pilates and yoga as long as you tell the teacher you could be pg (if applicable). Then there are often specific pg yoga for when you do get that BFP smile

NinjaChipmunk Thu 21-Jul-11 09:40:47

I have a (rather stupid) question about yoga/ pilates - is it fine for the 2ww then? As at what point do you move onto the pg version. And what is the difference? Can you do damage if you do the normal version when pg?

Quodlibet Thu 21-Jul-11 10:13:09

I think pretty much anything's fine for the 2WW, the embryo at that stage is about as big as a pin head and no amount of healthy jumping around/stretching is going to affect it or you! OK maybe if you ran a marathon in the desert sun or something...

AFAIK, the modifications for pilates/yoga come in when you start to become a different shape as the pregnancy changes your physiology, but any teacher will be able to guide you in what you can/can't do.

MooseCakey Thu 21-Jul-11 10:23:07

I used to do Pilates regularly and the teacher said that up to 3 months pg people could stay in the main class

PandaLea Thu 21-Jul-11 10:34:37

Hello this is my first post on this forum. I have used forums previously, (the acronym list is massive on this site! )

I am also carefully preparing to conceive as I have under active thyroid. My contraception pills run out in 3 months time but by then I will be 2 months into my new job so I think I might leave it another year. But I'll be 23 next year!! I'm thinking that that is too old ? Anyway...

I would love to try Pilates and Zumba :-) Swimming + Yoga are the best exercises I reckon!

NinjaChipmunk Thu 21-Jul-11 12:07:08

Eh? How can 23 be too old? I'm positively ancient by your scale!

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 17:19:50

Yup I'm a dinosaur!

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 18:10:32

I mean I'm gonna be 30 in 27 days time!!!!!

NinjaChipmunk Thu 21-Jul-11 21:23:40

I can trump that, I'm going to be 37 in a few weeks! Yikes!

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 22-Jul-11 06:15:36

shock Nah, joking. There's women.a lot older having kids! So what we're saying is 23 is ky no means 'too.old(.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now