Talk

Advanced search

Talking in code?!

(22 Posts)
SammyA86 Wed 20-Jul-11 19:41:54

Hi guys reading a few of your posts and there's so many little code words that I have no idea what they mean! Worked a few out but some have no idea...
Can anyone help me with the basics so I kno what you're all saying!!

Hope you're all having good luck ttc!! (he he)

eurochick Wed 20-Jul-11 19:44:07

There's an acronyms link at the header to this section. Look up there ^. most of them are explained there!

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 06:22:26

The link is here. Not every one is on there so are there ant specifics toured not sure about?

SammyA86 Thu 21-Jul-11 13:19:51

Ahhhh okies I'm on the iPhone app n can't see it will have a read up on the net later thank you x

mrsb33 Thu 21-Jul-11 21:27:13

hope these help a little
Ttc-trying to conceive
Swi-shagging with intent
Dh-dear husband,dc-child,son,daughter ect
Cd-cycle date (1 being first day of bleed)
Af-aunty flow,period
Ucl-usual cycle length, e.g 28 days ect
I think that's a start!! If I think of more I will add on for you, hope that helps.
By the way, I'm 33 no children, this is now cycle 11 post. ..c, missed miscarriage back in sept last year. Ucl,28~32 cd-6.

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 21:35:11

Dpo- days post ovulation
Iykwim- if you know what I mean
Bfn- big fat negative (pregnancy test)
Bfp- the Holy Grail, a big fat positive
Poas- pee on a stick (take a pregnancy test)
Hth- hope that helps!

buggerlugs82 Mon 25-Jul-11 19:31:06

The one no one ever knows is BESH

That one, you have to search for.

Sorry

SammyA86 Tue 26-Jul-11 13:32:49

That's brilliant thanks guys, I was due my Af on Saturday n still not happened and I'm burping a lot n feeling sick n getting a few cramps, holding out til Friday to do the test tho, because had a few bfn's before I'm trying to wait as long as possible...does that sound crazy?! smile just hoping for a bfp! So I can grin
Thank you for all your help x

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 26-Jul-11 20:47:56

Nope not crazy at all! I always used to test early. Now I'll only test if af is past my usual cycle length or day af starts (just in case it's not really af). After ttc for 19 months and what must be in the region of 50 bfns one gets wary!
Good luck for Friday!

SammyA86 Wed 27-Jul-11 06:31:23

Ok so I cracked and did one this morning...bfn = sad absolutely devastated, we've only been trying for 2 months but it's so hard, going to do another on Saturday hope for a positive!

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 27-Jul-11 06:37:39

That's about 3/4 days early yes? So it could still.be a bfp just not enough hcg in your urine to show it yet! Don't lose hope just yet. It ain't over til af comes rushing in!

SammyA86 Wed 27-Jul-11 07:20:42

I chose Friday as a day for some reason, Saturday will be a week since I was due my Af, but still very much having symptoms it's all so confusing! Will keep you updated & fingers crossed for a bfp! sad

buggerlugs82 Wed 27-Jul-11 12:21:25

Try not to let it get you down. I've peed on more sticks that i've had hot dinners. You become a bit numb to it after 100.

Your baby will come. One day.

SammyA86 Wed 27-Jul-11 17:12:00

Ok well I guess 3's a long step off 100! I'm sure I'll harden to it, these forums help a lot though cause you guys kno how it feels where as my dh doesn't seem to quite understand! x

buggerlugs82 Wed 27-Jul-11 18:23:39

My advice is don't talk to your DH about it too much, they can easily get freaked by all the science and soon the sex will become just about getting pregnant which is not healthy.

Its so easy for me to say try to forget about it but thats the best advice i can give.

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 27-Jul-11 19:00:11

Yeah I tell DH about maybe half the tests I do! Worst was when I realised I'd gone through 15 cheapies in two cycles! Now I wait til a couple of days before af is due at the earliest.

SammyA86 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:48:18

Yeh I try to not tell him if I think I am or not n then do a test n then he gets humpy that am not involving him but he can't deal with my tears I don't think! sad

LoveInAColdChamberOfSecrets Wed 27-Jul-11 21:55:19

You really shouldn't be in tears after 2 months TTC! Honestly, try to enjoy it at your stage. Good luck.

SammyA86 Wed 27-Jul-11 22:13:08

I'm very inpatient, probably not the best for this sort of thing! x

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 27-Jul-11 22:59:49

I think I sobbed cried after 7 months (I'd really convinced myself). after 19 you get a bit more relaxed in a way...like 'oh well fanny cam time, never seen my ovaries before!'. Actually the Hsg was quite cool!
Some months are harder than others. Just try to relax a bit and enjoy the process!

SammyA86 Thu 28-Jul-11 07:50:41

Will try! Thanks everyone for your help n advice x

SammyA86 Sun 31-Jul-11 11:36:23

Ok so I'm now technically 10 days late for my af but yesterday's test(s) still come up negative, boobs are hurting a hell of a lot but it's hard to think y if the tests are negative, it's very easy to think I'm one of those that maybe doesn't show on the tests etc but think I'm just getting my own hopes up! So confused! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now