Talk

Advanced search

EWCM query!

(7 Posts)
addictedtofrazzles Wed 20-Jul-11 16:37:51

I was wondering - when you get ewcm for a few days do you ovulate at the beginnin, middle or end of it arriving iyswim!?

Many thanks

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 20-Jul-11 17:04:12

I usually find I get it the day before I ovulate. Basically I think its a sign you're about to ovulate.

Piglet28 Wed 20-Jul-11 17:30:14

I get it a few days before ovulation, it's a good fertile sign so get jiggy!

ShowOfHands Wed 20-Jul-11 17:33:00

Generally it's a sign that you're approaching ovulating and then it rapidly stops once you have ovulated, so towards the end. You're considered fertile for a few days before actual ovulation (the ewcm is produced as sperm can survive in it until the egg is released), but once the egg is produced it deteriorates rapidly (within hours) and the ewcm production ceases.

addictedtofrazzles Wed 20-Jul-11 18:51:27

Thanks guys!

I find myself pregnant unexpectedly with dc3. We ignored the withdrawal methods as we were dtd 4 days before my period (always very regular!) but I do recall being surprised to have ewcm for the following 3 days after. Looks like I must have ovulated late which will explain why it took 7 days to get a bfp after my missed period.

No withdrawal methods after this one is born....!!!!

ShowOfHands Wed 20-Jul-11 19:30:45

Withdrawal works really well. If you, er, withdraw!

Congratulations. Definitely sounds like late ovulation to me. That's a determined little baby in there.

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 20-Jul-11 19:39:53

Ha I did hear a joke about the withdrawal method on here before:
What do you people who use the withdrawal method?
Parents!
Seriously though! Congratulations, wishing you a healthy, non-eventful pregnancy. If you want to avoid contraception and pregnancy after dc is born, I'd recommend this book to understand your fertility signs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now