Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

last 2 days of a 2ww.

(7 Posts)
sprinkles77 Mon 18-Jul-11 14:57:47

Just had to post something. The waiting is driving me mad. POAS this morning and got a BFN. But it was a cheap internet paper one. I'm still hopeful cos the cheap OPK strips didn't pick anything up when the CBFM did. Don't really feel preg. Last time I was pg I felt awful quite early on, but every pg is different, right?

AstroNess Mon 18-Jul-11 15:31:40

Hi sprinkles77. I can totally sympathize. I'm on the 2ww, although mine is more like 2 and a half, because I have a long luteal phase (apparently). This is my first time ttc and first month. I feel a bit different but I'm trying to ignore it because the chances are I'll get a BFN and don't want to feel too silly hanging onto every twinge.
When is AF due?

LittleWhiteHeart Mon 18-Jul-11 15:36:43

Hi you two!

Feel exactly the same ... just started my 2ww, and like AstroNess it's my first time TTC and first cycle. Just come of 3 years on contraceptive pill so no idea what 'normal' is for my cycle ... this is going to be the longest two weeks ever!

Good luck to you both.

LWH x

AstroNess Mon 18-Jul-11 17:09:26

Oh silly me. I don't know why I asked when AF was due, when clearly it says so in the title!
little I downloaded a free app and have found that helped me work out what normal was. If you can say 38 days is normal..!

BitsyVonMuffling Mon 18-Jul-11 17:11:33

I tested 2 days early with an internet cheapy and got the faintest of faint lines that evening. It was only really a line the day after AF was due. I used 15 tests in 3 days blush

sprinkles77 Mon 18-Jul-11 20:51:00

ok.. an update on my speculation. So this evening I had about half an hour of crampy pain. very minor compared to my usual period pains (which are a bit variable anyway). Now a tiny bit of spotting. Now I know that this is way TMI, but normally when AF starts I get a cracking headache the day before. Not this time. And (this really is TMI) i don't normally spot but suddenly get proper red blood. And this is at least 1 day early, maybe 2. I'm 13 dpo, and apparently some people do get implantation bleeding as late as this...

Astroness, apparently a long luteal phase is more favourable for getting / staying pregnany than a shorter one.

littlewhiteheart I got pregnant with my son the first month off the pill having been on it for over 10 years!

Must stop getting my hopes up!

sprinkles77 Tue 19-Jul-11 07:40:21

so AF came after all. I said it was speculation! Oh well, straight onto amazon to get more sticks for CBFM. Now on the other 2ww, the one where you wait to SWI! God this is crap. Month 5!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: