Talk

Advanced search

cerazette pill [confused]

(11 Posts)
lisas7177 Mon 18-Jul-11 11:39:09

Iv been on the cerazette pill for two weeks now I started it on the 1st day of my period and lasted the normal time but today iv started to bleed it was light but has got abit more now is this ment to happen?? Any1 else the same if so I think ill stop once a month is anuf for me never mind an other time

owlbooty Mon 18-Jul-11 11:46:43

I was told it can take 3 months or so to settle down - I found it made me bleed randomly too. Maybe worth giving it a couple of months to see if it settles? It never did for me but other people seem okay on it.

Queenofthehill Mon 18-Jul-11 11:51:09

I've just been prescribed it and warned by doc that bleeding is a known side effect... Hth.

PollyRoxs Mon 18-Jul-11 19:14:07

I was on cerazette for a couple of years and did have random bleeding/spotting for the first few months. This did settle down and I never had anything again. It took a bit getting used not having a monthly bleed, I kept thinking I was pregnant but after you get your head around that it is great. I had no side effects at all throughout.

I came off it in June and had loads of pregnancy type side effects, they have gone now and I am just waiting for my first period.

Hope this helps. Stick with it would be my advice.

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 18-Jul-11 19:28:05

I was on it 18 months and it took took about 3 months to stop spotting. Then I had regular bleeds about every 4 weeks for a couple of days (light enough to only need a pantliner). For some women the spotting drives them mad and they end up coming off the pill. I was fairly happy with it once the spotting settled down.

Pipbin Mon 18-Jul-11 21:34:53

I was on it for about 12 months.
It took about 6 months to settle down, with lots of random bleeds and spotting but once it did I had no periods until I stopped taking it.

Coming off it was a bugger though. I had pregnancy symptoms, including nausea in the morning, until I had my first period. From then on my cycle has been regular.

BustersOfDoom Mon 18-Jul-11 21:43:58

I've been on it for a year. I had a 'proper' period in December, spotting in January and a light period about 2 weeks ago.

However, until I started taking it I was having a period every fortnight so as far as I'm concerned it is bloody marvellous!!

PollyRoxs Tue 19-Jul-11 18:52:36

pipbin can you remember how long after stopping you got your first period? I know everyone is different but I am getting bit fed up waiting. It is reassuring that you settled back into a cycle quickly - fingers crossed I will be the same.

Biscuitboost Tue 19-Jul-11 19:34:51

PollyRoxs - I came off it at the beginning of November last year after taking it for about 3 years. Got my first period at the end of Dec but it's taken quite a few months to get into a regular(ish) cycle.

PollyRoxs Tue 19-Jul-11 20:22:43

Thanks Biscuitboost I will just have to wait and see. I keep thinking it could be any day now but no real signs as yet.

Pipbin Tue 19-Jul-11 20:37:15

PollyRoxs
It was about 30 days from stopping to proper period, although I started spotting on day 28.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now