Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stepping up the game.......

(8 Posts)
Signet2012 Sun 17-Jul-11 12:57:50

Right Im not just going to TTC I need to MSIFC asap.

Everyone around me is bloody pregnant! Every day someone else I know is pregnant and its making me very very impatient!

So some advice please

How can I increase me chances, how often should I be doing it I havent until this month ever took any notice of my cycle, although i know when i should come on and can tell through the hormonal irrationality i get.

(cant do those kits or anything as DP is a bit freaked out by them and feels its a bit odd and doesnt want it becoming too structured and Im certainly not keen on discussing my ewcm with him (!) and id rather not go too OTT on the planning I dont either to a point as I know it will cause performance issues)

not sure if im kind of saying i want one but i dont want to do the work by saying this though if you know what I mean Is it really necessary to have to know temperatures and stickiness and such?!

(((( why did i spend so many years trying not to get pregnant thinking it would happen so easily!!!))))))))))))))))))

thanks all smile

buggerlugs82 Sun 17-Jul-11 13:17:08

My advice having tried the 'relaxed' route and the totally scientific one is just to forget trying and just shag. If you get obsessed by temps, EWCM, cervical positions, boobs, etc etc you'll drive yourself crackers.

Believe me, been there, done that.

Just because its not happening yet, doesnt mean it won't happen. Just relax and enjoy being baby free with time, money, sleep etc and your baby will come.

Biscuitsandtea Sun 17-Jul-11 13:24:14

Stupid question but what is MSIFC? I get the general context though and agree with Buggerlugs. How long have you been trying? I am sure being relaxed as much as possible is the best thing as the more effort you put into the other bits the more stressful it gets.

Signet2012 Sun 17-Jul-11 13:28:57

make sure i f** conceive grin

i havent really being trying that long in fairness only around 4 months but all the 6 people i know who have announced their pregnant they have all included the words "happy surprise" "unplanned" and accident when telling people !!!!

How can it be so easy to accidently fall pregnant but so hard to fall when your trying lol

I have no idea how long to expect to be trying
whether 3 x a week is sufficient ( we both work mental hours)

or anything

thanks for the replies tbh the full ewcm thing freaked me out a bit... and made me realise i am actually clueless when it comes to my own body!

eurochick Sun 17-Jul-11 16:48:53

Unless you are in a rush due to age or some other reason, then just keep shagging every two or three days and you should get there.

There is a midway though between discussing CM and temps with your other half and keeping an eye on your cycle.

I do temp and note CM but I don't tell my other half what is going on. I just make sure we get it on at the right times. I never say "oi, my mucus has gone all eggy, you need to do me know". I think that might take away the little bit of romance that is left in the process....

Signet2012 Sun 17-Jul-11 17:51:19

hehe eurochick id be mortified even mentioning it haha but I dont think my age is too much of an issue just yet, Im 28, He's 32 Hopefully will get there soon ish smile

buggerlugs82 Sun 17-Jul-11 20:23:58

Same age as me signet - Trust me, chillax!

i've been off the pill since September and still no baby. Having major AF problems but thats a whole different thread.....

Signet2012 Sun 17-Jul-11 22:22:59

See im quite regular but i just guess i thought it would be almost instant!

oh well ill enjoy the ride so to speak :P

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now