Talk

Advanced search

I couldn't be surely?

(6 Posts)
cupcakeandtea Sun 17-Jul-11 10:15:18

Last weekend DH and I had a slight 'accident' but I wasn't too worried as I thought I was in the 'safe' zone (fool that I am). Six days earlier I thought I'd OV'd as I tons of EWCM but did an OPK test the day we had our accident just to double check and I got a strong positive.

Anyway to cut a long story short AF should be due tomorrow and I'm pretty regular, which means that if I am pregnant I would've had a very short luteal phase. When i was pregnant with my DS I had the same sore boobs that I have today but this could be a sign of impending AF.

If I'd had lots of EWCM on the Tuesday but nothing on the following four days then surely I must have OV'd before we had sex and the OPK tests are wrong (I also have PCOS so could be a skewed result).

I know we should've been more careful but got offered my dream job on Thursday which I've accepted and being pregnant would not be great timing although not a total disaster. Suffered morning sickness last time so not great when you're trying to impress a new boss!

I should add I've done a test this morning and BFN.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 17-Jul-11 19:52:00

Didn't want you to go answered. Sorry to say what you don't want to hear but if you had unprotected sex, yes, you could be pregnant! Sounds unlikely though. You say you got bfn this morning, what cycle day are you and how long us your normal cycle?

cupcakeandtea Sun 24-Jul-11 11:28:35

Well today I got a BFP! This is despite me thinking AF had arrived Monday. In the back of my mind I thought I might be preg but had done so many tests over the last fortnight (I know, I know) that had been neg I'd convinced myself I wasn't.

It's not brilliant timing as start new job tomorrow but not much I can do about it now! It's early days but just wanted to post an update really and also say that what I thought was period pain was obviously implantation pains and my supposed AF clearly wasn't.

maybebabyR Sun 24-Jul-11 11:30:59

Just wanted to say congratulations Cupcake I am sure you will make everything work with the new job. Lots of luck smile

cupcakeandtea Sun 24-Jul-11 11:33:19

Thank you maybebaby. In shock tbh as at my age (39) and with PCOS I thought it would be a struggle (already have a 2.5 year old DS). But it is early days.

I really should've known better at my age but thrilled all the same.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 24-Jul-11 15:32:11

Yes congratulations! I've come to the conclusion it's never a good time to.have a baby! Glad you're thrilled, wishing you a healthy, trouble free pregnancy! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now