Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else given Clomid with regular cycles and ov?

(11 Posts)
Biscuitsandtea Sat 16-Jul-11 06:32:03

Morning, just wondered if anyone else had been prescribed Clomid when they already had regular cycles / ovulation? I had sort of understood that it was used to induce ovulation if you had very long / irregular cycles but our fertility consultant put us on it for 3 mths yesterday even though my cycles are regular. He days it can still help even in cases like ours, ie with no particular obvious reason why it has taken 19 mrhs with no sniff of a BFP (not that I'd want to sniff it you understand - just look at it lovingly grin). Thanks

LittleSweep Mon 18-Jul-11 11:28:00

Yes, I had regular cycles - to the hour - but I had a miscarriage in April and further tests indicated that I had low hormone levels. Consultant felt that Clomid would give my ovaries the boost they need.

Biscuitsandtea Mon 18-Jul-11 11:35:14

Sorry to hear about you mc sad

How long have you been on the Clomid now? Hope it works for you.

I've not had any teats showing my hormones being off. I mean I've had the standard tests but all came back ok. Well in for a penny, in for a pound. Can't see it'll do me any harm eh?

joycep Mon 18-Jul-11 12:52:49

hey biscuits - you may have seen on our other thread that i was prescribed clomid even wih regular ovulation. I lasted 2 months as it gave me thrush, no ewcm, weird AF and a very short LP. From what i have read, it works wonders on a lot of people though and gynae told me that for some people it doesn't suit them. Hope it does the trick for you though!

Biscuitsandtea Mon 18-Jul-11 13:06:53

Fingers crossed but will watch out for LP - thanks. If it doesn't work (or I guess if I'm not getting on with it) our next step is to call for a private appt with consultant for IUI.

By private I mean not NHS rather than 'the rest of our appts have taken place in the street and this would be in an office' hmm grin.

Biscuitsandtea Mon 18-Jul-11 13:47:39

joycep just reading another thread about Clomid and wondered whether you do any ov testing or whatever? I've been temping but not poas-ing for ov. Am worried that if Clomid messes with my otherwise quite regular ov I might miss it?

Other option is to perhaps see if we can do every other day once AF goes and for most of my cycle..... hmm

LittleSweep Mon 18-Jul-11 14:16:50

I have only taken one cycle of it - and I have a feeling it might have worked. I may be tempting fate but AF is 5 days late. It may just be that Clomid has made my cycle longer (previously it was 24 days). I am going to bite the bullet and do a test tonight. I hate that feeling though - you try and be so calm and cool - but getting the BFN is the worst feeling in the world.

BeattieBow Mon 18-Jul-11 14:21:27

yes I've had this. I am in a similar situation to you - no reason for lack of getting pg, but the consultant thought it would give everything a boost and perhaps lengthen LP a bit.

I found it did give me difficulties - mostly huge pain with ovulation and slightly delayed ovulation

I did get pregnant on the 3rd month, but have had a mc and have read that clomid could have a higher risk of mc. Not sure whether it's all worth it tbh.

joycep Mon 18-Jul-11 15:54:39

Biscuits - I had to do ovulation testing last month as I was given sth to inject into myself when I got my surge. When I was scanned on day 12, I had a ripe egg and normally without fail (not on the clomid) i would get my surge on day 13 or 14 but it never came. I just had no signs of ov on the 2 months of clomid. It was infurirating and I thought i was on it to increase my 10/11 day LP but it reduced it to 8dpo. But I think you should perhaps do the opk's because it can dry up ewcm and change when you ovulate. I think I am just an odd case to be honest.

Biscuitsandtea Wed 20-Jul-11 15:21:39

Littlesweep did you do your test? Hope it has worked for you xx

Biscuitsandtea Wed 20-Jul-11 15:24:21

Sorry Littlesweep just read your other thread (a word of caution for Clomid Newbees) - I hadn't put 2 and 2 together that that was you. Fingers crossed for next month xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now