Talk

Advanced search

Nipples making milk - am I updiffed?

(6 Posts)
TooImmature2BDumbledore Fri 15-Jul-11 13:01:29

Hi there,

This is my first month TTC after my first baby was stillborn at term in March. My milk came in after the birth but has dried up long since. However, last night I noticed tiny beads of milk coming from my nipples. Do you think it means I could be PG? I am on CD 28 of what is usually a 35 day cycle, but I have had only 2 periods since giving birth and the second cycle was 49 days so I have no idea what my body is doing! The earliest I would expect AF would be next Saturday, so it is too early to test. Last time I conceived the first month off the pill, so actually, I last had an unartificial cycle in 2005 at the age of 21 so the 35 day cycle is a guess!

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

GenericDietCola Fri 15-Jul-11 13:21:59

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. Hopefully you are pregnant again and this is a response to the hormonal changes. Best of luck!

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 15-Jul-11 13:59:56

I was very sorry to read about your stillbirth. I hope you received and continue to receive support as and when you both need it.

You may have excess prolactin levels and this can interfere with ovulation. You need to seek medical advice from your GP re this issue, this can be treated with tablets.

MeconiumHappens Fri 15-Jul-11 14:14:24

So sorry to hear about your baby sad
Sometimes, when youve had milk in before its quite easy to re lactate and women find they sometimes leak, or get milk when stimulating nipples a bit. However it could be that you're pregnant and this has stimulated it. Some antidepressants also cause lactation, so cnsider this. Wouldnt be a bad idea to discuss it with your gp. Fingers crossed for you x

TooImmature2BDumbledore Fri 15-Jul-11 14:43:21

Oh no, I hope I am ovulating! Will ask GP asap. I'm not on anti-depressants because of TTC, so that can't be it. Thanks for your replies.

poutintrout Fri 15-Jul-11 16:17:46

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby.

Just to try and reassure you a bit about ovulation I had the milky coloured discharge from my nipples for a few months. I've never had a baby so I was very confused. I also had really sore boobs every month from ovulation to CD 4 or thereabouts. My Prolactin levels were tested twice and both times they were normal. I have also had the 21 blood tests and do seem to ovulate. My GP seemed to think that the discharge was hormonal and do with my cycle and nothing to worry about.

I would talk to your GP though but just wanted to try and reassure you about about ovulation.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now