Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else getting hay fever with no tablets because of TTC

(16 Posts)
Biscuitsandtea Fri 15-Jul-11 09:22:09

Hi ladies,

Just wondered if anyone else was suffering from Hay fever but not taking anti-hystamines because of ttc?

This is my second year of no tablets because of ttc - gutting to know that definitely last year and probably this year I could quite happily have had the flipping tablets because there is not even a sniff of a bfp sad Prior to that I had a yr of no tablets because of ttc, getting pg then having a mc. The following year I was pg with DS so no tablets and the following year I was still bf DS so no tablets again. Then by last year and this yr we've been ttc again - I long for the days of hay fever tablets. When I finally am in a position to take them I think I might take 5 a day every single day of the year Just Because I Can hmm

Anyway, just wondered if there was anyone to commiserate with which I sit here sneezing away.......

Peaceport Fri 15-Jul-11 09:32:38

Me too! Have had a benadryl free summer. It has been a pain! But..I have had homeothapy this month and it is a fair bit better. Might be all in my head but I don't care if it feels easier. I had one week camping in June that was a killer. And no, not a sniff of a BFP for me either, on cycle 10 now sad

Biscuitsandtea Fri 15-Jul-11 09:34:53

Oooh - homeopathy - tell me more? what does that involve? I don't care what it is to make it better - if they told me standing naked in the middle of the street would help I'd probably give it a go. (Although maybe at night first just to see......)

(btw - thank you for the post on the other thread - I was LisaJayneS until 10 mins ago when I changed my nickname smile)

Biscuitsandtea Fri 15-Jul-11 09:35:18

Sorry - mis spelled - homeothapy

Peaceport Fri 15-Jul-11 09:43:13

Hello! Posted you twice smile

Well. I saw this guy that my lovely yoga teacher suggested. This is a bit of a weird story but bear with me. I had to pay £140 (ouch - thought a lot about it and thought well, IVF is a lot more expensive, the logic of the fertility challenged) but this included 4 herbal remedies and two follow up meetings so actually, about the same price as acupuncture.

He did this kind of electro testing on me that measured all sorts of things. I had to hold a metal rod (I'm aware how wacky this sounds!) It showed that some of my b vits and thyroid were a bit low. (I went for fertility and hayfever) then he worked out what I needed to take. He was so so nice! He had just had a baby but I let him off! Anyway, I had to take these clear drops in the morning and evening for about a month maybe and in the two times I went back, all my levels have improved and I do feel excellent. I used to be tired all the time and now I feel great! This sounds like a load of old horseshit, but I swear it's sorted me right out and my hayfever really has practically gone. And even if it was a big scam, feeling bright and energy laden is worth it. I'm not sure where you live, but you can see the site, it is in Hale, Manchester and the man is Nick Roche, it might give you an idea of what to look for in clinics maybe. I don't need to go back or take anymore treatments again, unless I start to feel tired again. But - my spotting is rubbish this month and no sniff of a baby, so it didn't bring a miracle.

Ashamed of how much I've spent on TTC actually blush

Biscuitsandtea Fri 15-Jul-11 10:01:30

If it works though it sounds totally worth it - I might look into something like that.

Cheers
xx

sandyballs Fri 15-Jul-11 10:05:12

My friend has a theory that the fact I took antihistamines helped me to conceive. Me and DH tried for four years without success then one summer I developed hay fever and started taking antihistamines and became pregnant with my twin girls within a few weeks. Her theory is my body was rejecting DH's sperm and the antihistamines helped overcome this.

Probably nonsense but thought I'd share grin

Peaceport Fri 15-Jul-11 13:33:28

Do you know - I read that somewhere online. Maybe this month I'll give it a try!

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 15-Jul-11 14:21:37

Gosh been taking antihistamines while ttc didn't even think about it!

roratone Fri 15-Jul-11 16:43:43

Me too! shock Is it bad? Whats the reason? Does it make it harder to conceive or damage baby? Heck..... I take a daily antihistimine for pet allergy

Batteryhuman Fri 15-Jul-11 16:49:14

Don't waste your money on homeopathy. Whist pregnant and breastfeeding my GP prescribed steroid nasal sprays (Flixonase) and eye drops. Worked far better than anti histamines and I've never gone back to them.

GenericDietCola Fri 15-Jul-11 16:50:00

I don't know if they affect conception, but they are contra-indicated in pregnancy. Having said this, when I was preg with DD I was dreading hayfever season but somehow I didn't suffer with it! Perhaps being pregnant protects you...

Anyway, ttc again now, so not taking them and sneezing away...

<hi have!>

GenericDietCola Fri 15-Jul-11 16:51:00

Oh and hi Biscuits I know you too!

Peaceport I am intrigued by your advice and may check him out!

Biscuitsandtea Fri 15-Jul-11 16:52:04

roratone I don't think it specifically prevents you from conceiving but I was told not to take them while pg / bf so I never took them while ttc just in case I was pg. Same logic as not drinking (or at least not in the 2ww)

Biscuitsandtea Fri 15-Jul-11 16:53:10

Cross posted there generic <waves> x

roratone Sat 16-Jul-11 14:29:00

Thanks biscuits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now