Talk

Advanced search

2nd early MC/Trying for 1st baby

(5 Posts)
sunshinela Fri 15-Jul-11 01:12:18

This is a thread for anyone who has been through one or more early MCs and is yet to go full term...I'd love to start a convo to see how you are dealing with this and to share any great ideas with eachother.

sunshinela Fri 15-Jul-11 01:17:36

I thought I'd start this thread as the other MC thread I am on is full of ladies who are trying to conceive BUT already have one child. I feel a little alone in my quest sad
I am obviously fertile as I have been pregnant twice but I can't seem to hold my pregnancy.
1st one I reached 9 weeks and had awful/depressing/tiring sickness. Lost heartbeat at 9wk scan. So had D&C. Feb 2011
2nd one I didn't even know. I got awful cramps one night and bled heavily a week before AF was due. It wasn't a normal AF and I checked with doc and one said I had MC'd, the next said it could be early implantation.
Early implantation my A$se!! Did a test and it came back -ve after lots of bleeding. This was June 2011.

So here I am. TTC again. Although I try to get in the mood but my body seems to be totally off the idea of ttc (very dry etc).

Would love to chat and see if you are going through the same thing.

Am desperate for my first baby!!

wrighty2010 Sun 17-Jul-11 15:12:53

Hi, I just wanted to send you a message and say I hope you are ok. I have had 2 miscarriages but then went on to have my children but have never forgotten the awfull feelings! Most doctors wont do anything until you have had three miscarriages but may be worth you looking into a small dose of asprin? There is also a simple blood test that can be done to see if you have a problem that means easrly miscarriage, cant remember what it is called. BUt the asprin does work if it is relevant (both a friend and family member also had this problem and now both have beautifil babies). I hope you are ok and have not upset you by replying. sending you love and best wishes xx

freelancegirl Sun 17-Jul-11 21:29:02

Hi sunshine, I know there are a few of us on here who have had miscarriages and are yet to have children, myself included. I am actually in the very early stages of pregnancy again but have been diagnosed with very high natural killer cells, am on a rather aggressive form of treatment with steroids, aspirin (as Wrighty says) and other things and there is a strong likelihood things could go wrong this time too, so I am trying not to think about it too much and just take each day as it comes.

I would say that although miscarriage is awful whether you have children or not, one of the worries we who don't have children is will we EVER be able to so so, and that of course is terrifying and potentially life changing. It's really tough, I know. I can't think of anything deep and meaningful to say about it now but yes, really tough.

SaffaSouthernFairy Mon 18-Jul-11 16:08:15

Hi sunshine, my hubby and I have been ttc since end of last year. On my first cycle i'm pretty sure I got preg - felt strange flutterings, indigestion and pinkish cv on 9 dpo (supposed to be implantation) - unfortunately 3 days before AF was due (to be missed!) I started bleeding really heavily and really bright red... turns out this was what is called a chemical pregnancy... Up till then i'd always been 28 days like clockwork, but now my cycles vary quite a bit sad Anway this is my 2nd cycle that we've been using 'sperm-friendly' lube and i'm 3 days into the 2ww - also tried a session of acupuncture a couple of weeks ago, though I don't know if only one session will do anything to help, and they are quite expensive so don't know if i'll be doing that again hmm

I really can't wait to get pregnant!!! It's a bit frustrating that i'd put off starting to try for a baby for so long! So anyway, i'm in the same boat... If it is any consolation, apparently the first 2 or 3 cycles after a mc you are supposed to be quite fertile.. Anyway, holding thumbs for both of us smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now