We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ICSI - Resting after Egg Transfer - how much did you do?

(4 Posts)
koolforcats Thu 14-Jul-11 20:45:56

Having had EC yesterday, I'll be having my ET on Saturday or soon after.

I guess I'm mostly of the opinion that if it's going to work it's going to work, but I want to do all I can.

After ET, I'm interested to know how much rest people got and if you thought this affected the outcome? I'm planning to take it easy for a few days and am obviously not planning any bungy jumps or the like after that but I'd be interested to know what others did?

Thanks smile

helenlouisey Fri 15-Jul-11 09:18:49

Hi, I think you have to do what you're comfortable with, you have invested so much mentally and financially into the process the last thing you need is to look back and wish you had something differently. I rested for a day after my transfer after IVF, sadly it didn't work, but i don't believe it was because I did too much, I've since conceived naturally twice and all whilst looking after a very active 2 year old.

Wishing you all the best with your transfer and 2WW

Helen x

Piglet28 Fri 15-Jul-11 14:27:08

Hi, after my first ICSI I took 2 weeks off work after EC and it didn't work! After my 2nd attempt I went to work a couple of days after EC, had ET Thursday and went back to work the Monday and now have gorgeous DS! so I don't believe that resting and not being at work will make any difference, think about a natural pregnacy, women don't even know there pregnant and just go about normal life. Take it easy and good luck x

koolforcats Fri 15-Jul-11 16:18:11

Thanks Helen and congrats on your family smile

Piglet that's good advice, I guess if it's going to happen, it'll happen (will remind myself of that when I'm on the 2ww!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now