Talk

Advanced search

Any advice strange mid cycle bleeding???

(5 Posts)
goingmadtrying Thu 14-Jul-11 20:44:17

Last month was approx 7-10 days late for my af it came and seemed all normal, I have had spotting for a few days when wiping and blood tinged cm, also a banging headache for the last few days although not sure if that's related??? I did test when late and clear bfn so don't think I'm pg but anyone have an idea why spotting????

whomovedmychocolate Thu 14-Jul-11 20:53:36

Spotting should always be investigated - headache + mysterious bleeding needs a fairly urgent check with the GP. Don't worry, I'm sure you are fine but it can indicate other things, some of which are bad.

ciwi Thu 14-Jul-11 20:58:01

When in your cycle does the spotting happen? You can get ovulation spotting which can be normal but I agree with who it's always worth popping along to the gp to get checked out

goingmadtrying Thu 14-Jul-11 22:50:16

Think I'm on about cd 10 not had this before to be honest only when on the pill, will see how it goes, reluctant to ring gp cause she thinks im worrying about ttc too much rang her last month when late, thanks for the advicesmile not sure if headache stress related been a busy week work is hectic smile

ciwi Fri 15-Jul-11 08:19:25

I have had mid cycle spotting around ovulation in the past 2 cycles. I have never had it before either. The first cycle it was a couple of days before ov and the 2nd it was on the day of ov (I use opk's). Could you be ovulating soon? I asked my GP and she said that the change in hormones around ov is the same as when af is due and so sometimes the lining can shed a little bit. She said it is normal and it can happen even though its never happened before. Maybe see how it goes next month and get checked out if it happens again. My GP was going to do an internal and smear just in case but I happened to get my bfp so that will be on hold for the time being. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now