Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please explain temping and charting to me?

(5 Posts)
Kayzr Thu 14-Jul-11 14:09:13

We are starting to ttc in sept. I have 2 boys already and this will be DPs first baby. We would both like a girl but would be equally as happy with a boy.

But we heard about the shettles method for conceiving a girl and thought we'd give it a shot as we have nothing to lose. A baby would be perfect no matter the gender but thought why not try it?

I know it is all to do with when you ovulate but that's it until the book arrives.

What do I need to be looking for with my temps etc?

Thanks very much.

eurochick Thu 14-Jul-11 14:26:33

There's a lot on the internet about shettles.

For temping, I would recommend Fertility Friend. It's free and you get emailed a charting course when you sign up.

Karbea Thu 14-Jul-11 15:07:01

I think it's something to do with male sperm swimming faster but they die quicker or something.

Use fertility friend it's good, if you go to my account www.fertilityfriend.com/home/332dc0 then create an account I think I'll get a week free of the VIP account, would be lovely if you could do that smile

Kayzr Thu 14-Jul-11 15:09:07

I do have a fertility friend account I've never used. I set it up when I was ttc DS2 but it happened straight away. I don't remember my login stuff tho so I'll see if I can make a new one.

Karbea Thu 14-Jul-11 15:11:37

All you have to do is get a bbt thermometer, and try and take your temp at pretty much the same time everyday... Once your temp rises 4 points for two days then you've ov'd. It's worth keeping an eye on body fluids too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now