Talk

Advanced search

pressures of conceiving at the right time

(8 Posts)
vcs27 Wed 13-Jul-11 17:02:30

DH and I are TTC child 1! I have been reading a few books on the subject and have been on the look out for my fertile days. So when I went to the loo last night I noticed the stretchy, egg white stuff and told DH we had to do it there and then! however, DH told me he is too tired and could not as we did a triathlon this weekend and he is still shattered .... so i got all upset and emotional.... this is normal isn't it?! i really don't want to start putting unnecessary pressure on our good sex life!

eurochick Wed 13-Jul-11 17:05:12

I find it's generally more effective not not mention mucus,eggs, etc and to just stick some nice undies on and drag mr euro to the bedroom. he knows what's going on but it seems helpful not to mention it out loud!

Figaro82 Wed 13-Jul-11 17:09:15

On my 4th cycle of trying and I feel like there is so much pressure at the right time of the month to have sex and panic when we don't!!! I really try to stay relaxed about it, but it's do hard!!! Miscarried in April and so desperate to be pregnant again!! It's normal to feel like that, but try to take some pressure off of yourself (pot, kettle, black!!)

kittencuddles Wed 13-Jul-11 17:14:14

When we started TTC I was a bit like that with my DH and he started to feel the pressure and would say he was tired. So this month I treated myself to some new undies, we've been at it since my period finished. Hopefully it'll work this time!

Try to relax and enjoy, this is meant to be the fun bit!

vcs27 Wed 13-Jul-11 17:16:42

exactly kittencuddles! this is meant to be the fun bit and I have turned into some sort of crazed lady and we have only been ttc for about 2/3 months!!!! eurochick, good advice not to mention all the gynecological stuff, nothing to turn him off!

AMumInScotland Wed 13-Jul-11 17:19:57

How long have you been trying? I don't think being upset and emotional is the best reaction if you haven't been trying for long - I can see that it gets frustrating when your period arrives month after month, but don't start letting it get to you right from the start. Tonight would be just as good as last night, you risk making your DP feel like a sperm donor if you start demanding sex just because its a high-probability day and not because either or both of you happens to feel like it.

fraktious Wed 13-Jul-11 17:36:35

Get the to the JSing viroids. The entire philosophy behind them is that you just shag and sod all the watching out for fertility signs.

Lots of sex = baby in most cases, and if it doesn't after a year go see your GP.

Sillyshell Thu 14-Jul-11 12:51:37

I know how you feel, ended up in a massive row last night with DH as we've only managed it once this week when I wanted to try every other day. He basically told me I have turned into a mad person and I need to calm down or else he's not trying anymore!

Spent most of the night in tears.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now