Talk

Advanced search

*Implanon Implant* any conception problems?

(5 Posts)
Lianneroll Tue 12-Jul-11 12:37:21

I currently have the implanon implant in my arm, i was told my normal cycle will return within 7 days if i was to have it taken out and should have no problems with trying to conceive again.
is this correct? has any1 had any problems with trying to conceive after having the implant in?
i have heard lots of stories from people about problems they have experienced with having the implant in but i haven’t had none at all, im quite happy with mine however if i thought it could in anyway interfere with me being able to conceive in the future i would have it taken out straight away.

lalabaloo Tue 12-Jul-11 19:24:15

Hi, I had the implant and had a period pretty soon after, about 2 weeks? (although had problems with continual bleeding on the implant!) My cycles are regular now, apart from one blip last month which was much longer (I think due to the stress of an operation I had). I haven't conceived yet, but I don't think this is due to the implant. HTH x

1sttimetryer Tue 12-Jul-11 19:37:38

My friend had the implant and she was pregnant within 2 weeks of having it out, but everyone is different.

LeaveYourDignityAtTheDoor Tue 12-Jul-11 22:07:02

I had the Implanon implant and my period returned pretty sharpish. It took me 4 months to fall pregnant after having it removed but weren't really trying, just SWI IYSWIM.

Lianneroll Fri 15-Jul-11 10:49:33

thank you for all your comments smile
slightly less worried now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now