Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

missing period :(

(10 Posts)
WeeSooty Mon 11-Jul-11 20:38:07

Hi Everyone,

I’m new but have been lurking for a looong time.

Hoping for some advice and reassurance.

I’m 26, been on the pill (loestrin 30) since I was 17 so 9 years. My husband and I have decided we are going to try for a baby this year so at the end of March I came off the pill.

I’ve had one period since the start of April. I’m getting pmt, mood swings, icky greasy skin but no period…. Where has it gone???

Everyone keeps telling me, “Oooh I just came off the pill and was pregnant immediately!” How?!!?

When should my period be due again? And how long do I wait till I go to the docs?

Thank you so much!

BitsyVonMuffling Mon 11-Jul-11 20:39:26

Not to state the obvious, but have you done a pregnancy test?

WeeSooty Mon 11-Jul-11 20:47:40

Ooh yeah sorry blush should have said, we are practicing safe sex at the mo cause I wanted to have 2 periods before properly trying to concieve. Although I have done 3 tests at seperate times just in case and they were all negative so I'm not pregnant.

melliebobs Mon 11-Jul-11 20:57:55

After coming off the pill t can take anything up to 6 months for your cycles to get more 'normal'

buggerlugs82 Mon 11-Jul-11 20:58:41

Hey - I came off the pill in September and still havent settled down.

All i can say is don't be on the daily look out, try to forget it. honestly, it hides till you've forgotten about it.

Enjoy your last few months able to get pissed, go out with the girls, sleep in, have last minute trips away etc etc. honestly, im an expert at the whole "oooh where's my period gone" thing!

CaveMum Mon 11-Jul-11 21:03:26

Don't want to worry you, but if you haven't had a period after 6 months take yourself to your GP.
I came off the Pill (after about 14 years) in May 2010 and had a period in June. Since then nada! After a few months I took myself to the GP who said come back if nothing after 6 months. I did and within a few months I was diagnosed with PCOS.

Now, another 6 months and am HSG and a laporoscopy later, I am about to start Clomid to get me ovulating.

WeeSooty Mon 11-Jul-11 21:35:15

Thank you everyone.

Well I’ve not hit the 6 month mark yet so maybe my period will just appear, but its good to know the timescale thank you esp CaveMum and good luck!!

Buggerlugs I am trying to not be on the lookout but its hard! I thought it would just happen! The one period I have had arrived on the day I had a huge presentation to do! My husband is desperate to have a baby and I just wish my body would get with the programme!

buggerlugs82 Tue 12-Jul-11 17:51:44

I totally understand that - AF will get you when you have a white dress on and no tampax - Typical.

Consider alternative therapies like reflexology or acupuncture.

Hope it comes soon. I should have the period of my life this time next week after i've stopped these hormones

WeeSooty Tue 12-Jul-11 19:11:50

blush After all my moaning and worrying... period arrived today. At the gym, when I had no protection with me. Brilliant. lol

Hopefully it will settle into some normallity in a few months.

Thank you everyone smile Hopefully I'll be back around the end of the year to properly chat about ttc!

buggerlugs82 Tue 12-Jul-11 20:35:03

See - told ya!! She does that does AF - She is EVIL

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: